DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Today's flight was horrible

Leurch

Reactions
My flight today consisted of traveling out about 2000 ft to capture some photos of a golf course and the drone suddenly started doing some weird stuff. It started to spin around and descend rapidly. I was trying to keep it from descending but no joy. So I hit return to home and it gave me some control back where I could give it altitude to clear the trees to make it home. Even when it arrived to the home point, it was still acting weird like spinning in circles and the props were spastic.

So I just finished looking at my flight record and saw at the point where the craft started acting weird the throttle and rudder sticks started going up and down side to side like someone had control of my controller. It got to the point where it was 15ft off the ground before I hit the return to home. I had my rth altitude set at 25m which was too low so I was able to raise it up to clear the trees...

Anybody else had anything remotely simular to this?

Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N930A using MavicPilots mobile app

How many flights has it seen? People have reported issues early on and after recalibration

Sorry to hear that!

Did you re-calibrate anything? What phone are you using?

Thanks!

Not good..

One common these here.... this guy says "I'm a professional and the Mavic is a toy" right? He says "I read the manual word for word.... I did a compass calibration, and an IMU calibration...."

IT SAYS NOT TO DO A IMU CALIBRATION, unless the app tells you too?

I think every video I've seen with this issue has had the owner of the Mavic do a IMU CALIBRATION.

Crazy

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: Mavic_Man504
One common these here.... this guy says "I'm a professional and the Mavic is a toy" right? He says "I read the manual word for word.... I did a compass calibration, and an IMU calibration...."

IT SAYS NOT TO DO A IMU CALIBRATION, unless the app tells you too?

I think every video I've seen with this issue has had the owner of the Mavic do a IMU CALIBRATION.

Crazy

That's unlikely to be the cause, as IMU calibration is going to affect the Mavic itself, not the controller. All the examples people have posted show control inputs fluctuating wildly, without the operator actually applying them.

Check out this video...(it was also posted here by someone else earlier).
Rockydog

I had the same issue. The only way to get it back was the return to home. When I looked at the flight log, I saw the throttle/rudder stick going all over the place and I could not control it. Mine started to land. At about 15ft from the ground, I hit the 4th and got it back home..

How many flights has it seen? People have reported issues early on and after recalibration
I have flown it about 18 times with absolutely no issues what so ever. I calibrated it once and never again. I have had perfect flights, smooth camera video with no flare ups. This flight was my first ever issue.
I have also reported the drift during braking but that is no big deal.

bdd6e7be7424e5cb15247229d3ef8909.jpg

Reactions: Mavic_Man504
I'm waiting for my Mavic. I'm thinking in sell it when I get it because all this trouble with the RC. A question: what the IMU has to do with the RC?

Plus the manual doesn't say to do it either as pre flight setup
The manual doesn't say to do a lot of things. Stick around a while and you'll learn how DJI products really work ;)

Rcgroups is not official DJI information. No worries though. We can agree to disagree.

I guess you would consider this to be official DJI information too?

Reactions: Mr Spock
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580