DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Told to Hold off on update?

RavenStorm

Reactions
Just had a Birthday, and my dad surprised me with a Mavic Pro !!!! I am attempting to fly racers and have talked about getting a DJI drone for aerial video and while at the Hobby store getting parts for my uncles drone to fix it for my dad since he crashed it (Typhoon Q500), I pointed out the awesome Mavic to him, to my great surprise he bought it for me, Best dad ever !! anyhow as the title states, the dealer told me to NOT update the firm ware , something about the last patch really messed something up to the point that some pilots could not even fly, so is this true, when and how would I get more info regarding this ect......

Reactions: SeaComms
I'm running the current firmware (.600) and all has been working okay for me. The firmware can be rolled back, so there really is no reason to not install it.

No problem here either.

There are sometimes some isolated problems here and there for some people, but nothing general that warrants such advice.

Reactions: Soundtekk
Firmware is installed on the Mavic, remote controller, and batteries. Some firmware updates do not include changes for the remote controller and/or batteries. The DJI GO 4 software is installed on your mobile device.

Reactions: Daryls2000
Firmware is installed on the Mavic, remote controller, and batteries. Some firmware updates do not include changes for the remote controller and/or batteries. The DJI GO 4 software is installed on your mobile device.

K, just wondering because I have gotten a message on my tablet screen stating a update is required, so was not sure if it was telling me info from the Mavic or the controller or the App..

Reactions: flipf
That message means new firmware is available. Follow these instructions if you'd like to install it:

Another vote for upgrading to latest app.....no issues here. As others have stated, if you don't like it, you can always downgrade back to .550, .500 or .400.

Guys, I have been getting "NFZ LIMIT" errors, locking me out from flying at times, since my last update. This could be what you are talking about.

Apparently many others are experiencing the same. The problem occurs, not in the vicinity of NFZs and in marginal GPS locations, until solid GPS can be established, by the system.

Very frustrating to those who experience it while trying to connect indoors for example. There are some who say they simply cannot fly under any circumstances.

Many suggest a rollback to .0400 will fix the issue.

Last edited:
Reactions: adiru and Andrew F
I bought the Mavic with .500 and never tested it because I've done first all the new updates and I'm starting using it with the .600 FW with no issues at all.

Just had a Birthday, and my dad surprised me with a Mavic Pro !!!! I am attempting to fly racers and have talked about getting a DJI drone for aerial video and while at the Hobby store getting parts for my uncles drone to fix it for my dad since he crashed it (Typhoon Q500), I pointed out the awesome Mavic to him, to my great surprise he bought it for me, Best dad ever !! anyhow as the title states, the dealer told me to NOT update the firm ware , something about the last patch really messed something up to the point that some pilots could not even fly, so is this true, when and how would I get more info regarding this ect......
Sounds like the dealer is a member of this forum ;-)

I upgraded to 600 and within just a few flights made the decision to drop back down to 550. For me, 550 is rock solid with zero issues.

Reactions: F6Rider
I just got mine last Friday, and have ignored the update messages. Running .400 has been just fine for me. I pretty much believe in the old saying "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". I'll update when I feel the need for a feature, or find that what's now working isn't any longer. This is a learned perspective from decades of field service work on computerized machinery and computer workstations, servers, and desktop systems. You'll be fine as it is, but could also be fine with updates if you feel the need.

Awesome Dad by the way! Father's Day is close, remember him well.

Yep ignore the message and fly on .400 for as long as you can.
All other updates have a crap load of NFZ stuff built into the code.

Rob

Reactions: RAMJET-1
I'm still on .400 and have had no problems at all, which is why I have stuck with it.
But, I would love to use the "Airplane" mode. Might just have to bite the bullet and update to see how she goes.

I'm still on .400 and have had no problems at all, which is why I have stuck with it.
But, I would love to use the "Airplane" mode. Might just have to bite the bullet and update to see how she goes.

Please let us know how it goes.
I wish that you will not encountered all those update failure that others has.
I myself still ignoring that nagging update reminder, IS THERE A WAY TO TURN THAT OFF?

My advice would be to check the...out of the box setup, if all looks good, stick with it. If it's not on point, then take the time to learn about calibrating and get it tweaked. Next learn the aircraft and it's flying characteristics. At this point if you were to make changes or additions to the aircraft, you will have some idea what differences have taken place.

Reactions: emcannally
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roligtroll