DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Took the Mavic to Ethiopia

Tilt

Reactions
Hi all,

Took the Mavic to Ethiopia a couple of weeks ago. Flew it around 10 times without any issues. Here's a first, very short video of camel caravans carrying salt back from the desert.

Longer video:

Cheers

Last edited:
Nice video. Did you experience any problems with the airlines or customs authorities while transporting your Mavic into and out of the country?

Outstanding location. Great framing and composition. Nice color. Congrats.

Hi all,

Took the Mavic to Ethiopia a couple of weeks ago. Flew it around 10 times without any issues. Here's a first, very short video of camel caravans carrying salt back from the desert.

Cheers

Magnificent !! Really nice..

Thank you for sharing this awesome footage! It is nice to see new places from the vantage of such an awesome product. Keep up the great work.

Great video, clearly have one of the Mavics with a top-notch lens - no out of focus in that vid!

Awesome vide. What video setting were you using?

Outstanding! This is what it is all about. You had the opportunity and took it. If I could be critical of anything , it would only be the elevation as you might have come closer and at an angle. 75db is not to loud to spook domestc animals, but my experience with camels is very limited.

Sent from my SM-N920P using MavicPilots mobile app

Thanks all. Just to follow up on some of the questions:

1. This was very much my first time with the Mavic. It arrived on the Wednesday and I left on the Friday so I was kind of figuring out as I went along!
2. No problems at all with customs. I took 6 internal flights and had the drone and controller in the hand luggage every time...it was never remarked upon. In Ethiopia you you seem to have a X-Ray search when you go into the airport, when you go to gate and when you leave...so in total must have passed through at least 15 scanners. The only time I had an issue was during a bag search at the churches of Lalibela. The priest wouldn't let me take it into the complex but it wasn't a huge deal as couldn't have seen much anyway.
3. Video settings were highest it goes. I haven't really editted anything before so just knocked it together on Windows Movie Maker which I guess has a fairly big impact on resolution. The original files obviously look much better.

Hope that helps somewhat.

Thanks all. Just to follow up on some of the questions:

3. Video settings were highest it goes. I haven't really editted anything before so just knocked it together on Windows Movie Maker which I guess has a fairly big impact on resolution. The original files obviously look much better.

So you were shooting in 4K?.

That is brilliant, wow. I was also in Ethiopia recently on a trip to Malawi. Wish I had taken my drone, great work.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Also, I didn't change any of the settings. Simply shot in 4k and tapped to focus on horizon.

Reactions: daithi23
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000