DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Top Speed - 9mph?

neshstyle

Reactions
Hi Guys, hows it going today?

I am new here to the forum, I’ve been a mavic owner for a little over 2 weeks and I absolutely love love it!

however I have a quick question, I apologize in advanced if this has been asked before.

The switch on my mavic is set to “RC” – however I cant seem to get past 9mph / 14km/h flight speeds.

Am I missing something inside the software or anywhere?

I know a lot of people get fast speeds – but I have never been able to break 9 mph.

Thanks in advanced for the help,

Safe flying!

Cheers

Actually this cant be the case, since I flew it for about 1400 metres the other day, and still top speed was only 9mph

Are you sure you arent reading 9 m/s as 9 miles per hour? 9 metres per second is 20Mph.

Reactions: DomoDan
Hi Guys, hows it going today?

I am new here to the forum, I’ve been a mavic owner for a little over 2 weeks and I absolutely love love it!

however I have a quick question, I apologize in advanced if this has been asked before.

The switch on my mavic is set to “RC” – however I cant seem to get past 9mph / 14km/h flight speeds.

Am I missing something inside the software or anywhere?

I know a lot of people get fast speeds – but I have never been able to break 9 mph.

Thanks in advanced for the help,

Safe flying!

Cheers

There is forward looking obstacle avoidance, and a lot of times it keeps the Mavic going slower so it can process the imagery to determine if it is going to run into something or not. If you flying somewhere without high contrast background it can slow it down a lot. If you are confident that you aren't going to fly into something during your flight, you can disable forward looking sensors to up the speed. Sport mode also turns off forward looking sensors, but it also drains your battery faster.

So after some testing I realized what the problem was yesterday - I didnt have "multiple flight modes" turned on, so my sport mode was not a true sport mode!

Whoa does this baby ever zip around!

However, I have not yet turned on sports mode either but I regularly cruise around at well over 30kmh

However, I have not yet turned on sports mode either but I regularly cruise around at well over 30kmh
Not sure if because of the wind resistance or distance in my area, but I never hit over 15km/h before - now its like lighting lol

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580