DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Top Speed Buffed?

whareable

Reactions
Recently noticed after the last few updates to firmware that the mavic is capped at about 20~22mph flying in P-Normal mode, Obstace on and off, was this reduced in a patch they slipped in? I remember flying about 36mph in the first flights of December.

Sport mode tops around 40 with 36 being totally normal. I have never able to get over 20-22ish in normal mode.

Sport mode tops around 40 with 36 being totally normal. I have never able to get over 20-22ish in normal mode.
today i was at 65kph in sports and in p mode i was at 32kph which seems to be what i was getting before that is with OA on and with wind, so 19mph and 41mph in sports.

inforgot to try with OA off so cant say if they have limited it but the other day i flew OA off and it seemed to give me more power, once again it was cosswinds so not great to be able to tell.

Recently noticed after the last few updates to firmware that the mavic is capped at about 20~22mph flying in P-Normal mode, Obstace on and off, was this reduced in a patch they slipped in? I remember flying about 36mph in the first flights of December.

Back in December the number displayed was always KPH regardless of what units you picked. It was a bug that was fixed.

Reactions: SeaComms
today i was at 65kph in sports and in p mode i was at 32kph which seems to be what i was getting before that is with OA on and with wind, so 19mph and 41mph in sports.

inforgot to try with OA off so cant say if they have limited it but the other day i flew OA off and it seemed to give me more power, once again it was cosswinds so not great to be able to tell.
Sorry to revive this old thread.

It seems with the latest firmware, DJI throttled down the top speed in P mode. Before, it was mostly around 33 - 34 kph, while now it's mostly about 30-31 kph. Not much, but slightly less than before. However, if we disable OA the top speed varied by quite a bit. It can get up to 50 kph (maybe there was gusts of tailwind), but typically it is around 40 kph. I don't think I've tried OA off before FW 0.700 as it got to the advertised speed. I tried with OA off as I was baffled of why the top speed seemed to be slightly slower with 0.700.

In Sports mode, top speed is also slightly down (OA is off course off in Sports). Before it was about 64-65 kph, now it's about 62-63 kph in similar condition. Not a big deal at all.

I flew mine in calm wind and hit 37 mph in sport mode. It was a short run so I couldn't tell if it would hit 40mph.

On p-mode my Mavic will fly around 20, with sensors off around 30, 32 with tail wind. Sport mode 40mph.

Just a side note.. buffed means the opposite. Nerfed is what you are describing.
And nope, haven't noticed any significant changes.

After a dozen flights at 19mph in sport mode I finally figured out you have to take off in P mode then switch to sport mode. Now it really goes!!!

After a dozen flights at 19mph in sport mode I finally figured out you have to take off in P mode then switch to sport mode. Now it really goes!!!
I've flown my P4 over 73 mph in storm winds, and I've seen posts of other flying faster. I never really cared about topping out my Mavic Pro since I normally fly long Litchi waypoint missions, but I thought it was strange that when I tried to run down my battery after a mission, I couldn't get over 40 mph even with a strong tailwind. I didn't think much of it until I saw a youtuber bring it up in his review of a DJI product he was reviewing. He brought up the same thing I had thought that DJI had throttled the birds to only fly at their top rated speed and no more.

I can see DJI doing this because of the extra stress put on the birds coming to a hard stop after going way faster than designed, but it is probably more true that you have to take off in sport mode to get top speed plus tailwind speed. I will test it out tomorrow, MC97, especially since high winds are forecasted.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929