DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tracker, beeper, markings, reflective Mavic

Oglo

Reactions
This is my attempt at increasing my chances of retrieval if the little sucker goes AWOL on me:
1. Use last known flight path position to get near to AWOL MP.
2. Use RF tracker 'Marco Polo' (velcro-d onto batteries) to get close.
3. Use 'Drone Keeper Mini' to emit audible beep - activates when no movement for 30 seconds (for when reasonably close and still can't find in thick grass or up tree/on roof).
4. Last resort - night time search with strong spotlight looking for reflection from 3M attached tape - for out in the country.
5. I have phone number & gmail on 3 places.
6. Prey that animal doesn't find it too yummy and eat! (Or human finder too!).
;)
Obviously I have too much time on my hands, was all just a bit of fun to set up.
I do find that having the colourful decals makes it look less serious and easier to talk to "drone-paranoia" people when they approach me. It looks more of a toy to them than those dreaded DJI W-SS-K/C-PSD's flying into everyone's house through the skylights in cloak mode.
(Weaponised-Super-Serious-KGB/CIA-PersonalSpying-dDevice).

:-/IMG_20170512_114532.jpg IMG_20170512_114433.jpg

Last edited:
Nice! I should really tape mine - did you manage to get a nice neat finish with it? It looks good in the pictures but it's difficult to tell without a closer look.

Good finish on all the flat surfaces.
On the back on extreme curves it lifts, I'll be trimming down a few of them. I bought a cheap decal kit and used it as a template for a few of the shapes, but it isn't necessary.

I am thinking of covering the top surface with some reflective tape (the type with the honeycomb pattern on it) but I am concerned that the tape may contain metal and interfere with the Mavic's operation has any one in the UK tried this. The idea that I have is to use it as a kind of reflector for a couple of Strobon Cree's to help me locate it if I have a crash landing and possibly to try to deter any bird srtikes. The type of tape I was looking at is similar to this https://www.amazon.co.uk/High-Inten...id=1516907159&sr=1-1&keywords=reflective+tape

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929