DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Trackimo Drone GPS Tracker with Drone attachment kit

PressMan

Reactions
Dear Friends on Mavic Forum,
I am a newbie here may I say great forum.
Can I ask if you have any experience of using the above, how accurate is Trackimo in case of lost drone.
Also how easy would it be to fit on the Mavic.
Is this item worth the price. I am in Ireland. Europe so perhaps purchasing in the UK stockist.

Any advice is much appreciated.

Thank you.
PressMan

I don't think that you need this as the controller has a GPS tracker as long as the Mavic is still powered up.

Thank you for that great information,
This tracker I must look up- is the tracker you put on the drone small enough to fit on Mavic do you think.
Yes it is very small and unlike the others that use GPS and you have a monthly fee it doesn't require any outside service that may not be available where it goes down and at ground level. I just suggest you research both types and both are common for use on other drones.

I don't think that you need this as the controller has a GPS tracker as long as the Mavic is still powered up.
The Mavic itself contains a GPS receiver (I think that's what you mean). That'll be worthless though after the downlink disconnects. And, if the remote controller disconnects and your Mavic does not return home, then you're only hope will be an external GPS receiver mounted to your Mavic.

The Mavic itself contains a GPS receiver (I think that's what you mean). That'll be worthless though after the downlink disconnects. And, if the remote controller disconnects and your Mavic does not return home, then you're only hope will be an external GPS receiver mounted to your Mavic.
No, you can track it down with the controller. Casey Neisat demonstrated it on one of his vids. It works as long as the Mavic is still powered.

I do enjoy watching Casey Neistat's videos, but he's certainly no Mavic pro. If the downlink and remote controller disconnect and your Mavic continues to fly, you're not going to know exactly where to look for it.

Yes it is very small and unlike the others that use GPS and you have a monthly fee it doesn't require any outside service that may not be available where it goes down and at ground level. I just suggest you research both types and both are common for use on other drones.
Thanks Richard in Ky

An independent and autonomous source for location is always an useful add-on.

I might not have my Mavic yet but I already purchased a tracker (NANO TK102) that works great (I already tested it) :)

The Trackimo TR100 has a weight of 4.2oz/119gr. The Mavic weight is 734gr. I don't think it is a good idea to piggy-back something that has more than 15% of the carrier's mass.

Mine has a 50gr weight and I am already worried about aerodynamic and load performance, while also scratching my head about where I will put it

MK

An independent and autonomous source for location is always an useful add-on.

I might not have my Mavic yet but I already purchased a tracker (NANO TK102) that works great (I already tested it) :)

The Trackimo TR100 has a weight of 4.2oz/119gr. The Mavic weight is 734gr. I don't think it is a good idea to piggy-back something that has more than 15% of the carrier's mass.

Mine has a 50gr weight and I am already worried about aerodynamic and load performance, while also scratching my head about where I will put it

MK
Sounds Fantastic MK, thank you for the information much appreciated.
Hope the Mavic arrives before the Holiday, have fun,

Pressman,

I've got the Marco Polo tracker on 5 of my birds. I did some real tests and actually had to use it to track down a lost bird on one occasion and it performs very well.

Placement of any tracker on the Mavic is going to be the issue. I'm currently using some re-close strips to mount it to the back side of the battery. I don't really like it thais way but I'm concerned about all of the sensors on the Mavic and didn't want to place it anywhere else on the bird until I'm certain the bird is functioning properly. The only hassle is swapping it from battery to battery.

Take note, I read somewhere, in the thousands of posts that I've read (I believe it was posted by DJI Ken) that the compass needs to be recalibrated with the tracker on and if you remove it you have to recalibrate with it off. This applies to any tracking device.

Good luck,

Jerry

Reactions: Loz
How about just Velcroing it to the top of the battery?

I just got mine in, I think I'm going to try this, unless anyone else has already done it and has some reason why not?.... simplest lightest weight option I can think of?...

The Trackimo is far too big to put on the Mavic Pro in my opinion

with adding a holder like the one pictured I agree.... but stand alone I think it is fine, and the weight is no problem... I plan to just velcro to the top of the battery (as per my post above)....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98