DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Transfer files from SD card without a computer

jerryss

Reactions
I'm planning on taking my mavic on vacation, but I do not want to bring my laptop.

Is there a device that will move files from my mavic SD card to a portable USB drive?

I have 1 of these and they are NOT very user friendly when trying to connect the app to the hard and I'm a "techie".

That one may be overkill for those that just want more storage and a backup. There is another version that is cheaper. Only difference, I think, it doesn't stream video.

I have the cheaper version and it gets the job done. My travels with it include New Zealand, Australia, Myanmar, Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, Hong Kong, and Japan. So lots of mileage and I have been happy with it.

WD 2TB My Passport Wireless Portable External Hard Drive - WIFI USB 3.0 - WDBDAF0020BBK-NESN Amazon.com: WD 2TB My Passport Wireless Portable External Hard Drive - WIFI USB 3.0 - WDBDAF0020BBK-NESN: Computers & Accessories

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

I'm certainly not the expert,but I'm thinking these cards don't meet specs for the mp. They look a little slow.???
Class 10. Working fine for me. If this brand doesn't look good consider a different brand, maybe a little more but not much.
I don't like the idea of putting all of my shots on one device, especially if it is a mechanical device. Per another members (can't recall who it was) suggestion, I replace the Micro SD card when I change the battery,

Last edited:
Reactions: GreatScott
I'm referring to read and write speed.

According to the Mavic Pro manual requires "microSD, Max capacity 64GB Class 10 or UHS-1 rating"
class 10 - requires minimum of 10 MB/s
UHS1 - requires minimum of 10 MB/s

Don't see the problem with speed.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Last edited:
I'm planning on taking my mavic on vacation, but I do not want to bring my laptop.

Is there a device that will move files from my mavic SD card to a portable USB drive?
This may also be a solution for you: Amazon.com: Memory Card Reader, Apple lightning cable, Valkit 2in1 lightning USB cord cable adapter for iPhone 5 / 6 iPad mini air pro with external storage micro SD card reader (not included SD card): Computers & Accessories

It is a short cable to connect the Micro SD card to an iOS device, via lightning port ... use the iOS device as temp storage for your photos/videos. Then, you can format the card and shoot more.

This may also be a solution for you: Amazon.com: Memory Card Reader, Apple lightning cable, Valkit 2in1 lightning USB cord cable adapter for iPhone 5 / 6 iPad mini air pro with external storage micro SD card reader (not included SD card): Computers & Accessories

It is a short cable to connect the Micro SD card to an iOS device, via lightning port ... use the iOS device as temp storage for your photos/videos. Then, you can format the card and shoot more.

this is a great looking product, but how do I get the video's and jpg's from the iphone to a portable hard disk?

Standard micro USB cable attached to the drone will allow it to appear as a USB drive.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Sorry, I don't understand your reply. ( remember my goal is to travel without a laptop and move all my mavic movies and JPGs to a portable hard driive)

If I connect a standard micro USB cable to my mavic, then where does the other end go? How will that transfer the files to my portable drive?

thanks in advance,
Jerry

I have the same issue. going away and need a way to get the media files on the SD card to a portable USB drive without using a computer (which I will not have with me).
I can use my IOS device as temporary storage if that is required but I can't let the files build up there while I'm away. Is there any way to do this?

Reactions: derowland
I have the same issue. going away and need a way to get the media files on the SD card to a portable USB drive without using a computer (which I will not have with me).
I can use my IOS device as temporary storage if that is required but I can't let the files build up there while I'm away. Is there any way to do this?

You could use an USB Key as the "Iconnect PQI" to transfer files directly from an iPhone or iPad device to the key and vice versa, or use an external drive as the "my passport wireless" from WD.
Both solutions doesn't require a pc and are good ways to store your files while on the field.

I have one of these, works really well but needs the app installed first.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54