DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Transmission signal dropped for awhile

cruisinforgold

Reactions
I'm getting used to flying the Mavic in a controlled area that I've been doing various flight and control operations to get used to all the settings, features and hopefully anomalies before venturing too far.

Today I experienced my first transmission pixelization event that lasted around 5 mins. I wasn't sure if this was coming from my recording settings or something else was going on. I was only 120-125 feet away and all signal levels from RC seemed ok at the time.

After reviewing the flight on HealthyDrones - I see that my signal level dropped considerably for that period and I don't know why.

Seems strange that you would get such a large drop over 100 feet - then clear. This was a wide open field with nothing closer that about 1000 ft circle. Also, I noticed nothing else on the DJI Go App that would indicate a signal issue was the problem at the time of flight.

Attachments

• 01-04-17 Mavic Pixelizatioin Video event.jpg
    01-04-17 Mavic Pixelizatioin Video event.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 52
  • 01-04-17 Mavic HealthyDrones flight - sensors.jpg
    01-04-17 Mavic HealthyDrones flight - sensors.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 43
  • 01-04-17 Mavic HealthyDrones flight - sensors signal levels.jpg
    01-04-17 Mavic HealthyDrones flight - sensors signal levels.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 46
was any other drone flying in the area? Is there any antena radio, wifi or celular tower around?

No other drones, antenna tower is not nearby, no other sources.

I've flown this area for 2 hours of flight time and not had any issues over 20 flights. I never saw any Red Status on the signal levels or any message about the transmission signal levels either.

Mysterious why this was happening at such a short range in open field.

It appears that the Mavic was nearly straight up above you and I recall that the antenna's should be flattened out straight when flying overhead and then placed more vertical as the Mavic flies away from you. At least thats the way it is with the Phantom series.

It appears that the Mavic was nearly straight up above you

The antennae should not "point to the" target (Mavic). They should be parallel to each other, and will give their best RX and TX strength when pointing about 90º away from the target.

CgnsXSC.png

Well it happened again today. I'm aware of the antenna positioning and always point my RC controller in the direction of that the Mavic is flying.

It only lasted a short time and seemed to clear up after that time. I got pixelization on the video feed during the flight, no warnings on the screen when this was happening - solid signal bars across the top. I was setting up a POI mission to learn this Intelligent Flying mode when it happened.

I would have expected some type of warning message - bar strength going down - but nothing. This flight was at a distance of 800-900 feet so longer than the 1st flight - seems no rhyme or reason for the slippage in signal level.

And Why no signal bar change on the top line of the DJI Go App if this is happening?

Is this expected behavior?
01-05-17 DJI Go App screen at 05_07.jpg 01-05-17 Healthy drones flight record - transmission signal and pixelization.jpg 01-05-17 Healthy drones sensor record - transmission signal and pixelization.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000