DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Travel Tips

Considering how small the case is, I figure I'll just slip it in my laptop bag or carryon suitcase without much thought. Wonder if two batteries can slip inside those fireproof bags if I absolutely need to use one.

Reactions: MavicJunky
Welcome MisticJeff, Morgan. :)
I will be packing light since I won't be lugging that hard shell case on wheels anymore!

I personally plan on just "throwing" the Mavic in my regular camera bag when I travel and obviously carrying on as I never let my cameras be separated from me.

Few tips/things to remember when flying with Mavic batteries:
  • You may take DJI Mavic Batteries on an airplane.
  • In the United States, the TSA allows lithium ion batteries that are under 100 watt hours to be brought aboard an airplane.
  • Any spare batteries (not installed in the Mavic) must be carried on the airplane and not put in your checked baggage. The only time a lithium ion battery can be put in your checked luggage is if it is installed in the drone.
  • You may carry-on as many Mavic batteries as you desire. It is highly recommended to protect the batteries from a short circuit. This can be done by taping over the connection terminals to ensure no metal objects could cause a short circuit.
  • When proceeding through TSA it is advised to remove all batteries from your bag and place them in their own bin to be sent through the x-ray.
  • If you plan on traveling often with your Mavic Pro Drone we may advise that you print off a copy of the TSA regulations in case you run into any trouble. Battery regulations can be found on the TSA website here.
Battery regulations are always changing so be sure to check back with the FAA every few months. Safe travels!

Last edited:
Reactions: No1much
Any spare batteries (not installed in the Mavic) must be carried on the airplane and not put in your carry-on. The only time a lithium ion battery can be put in your checked luggage is if it is installed in the drone.

That is not very clear, looks like a typo but I think I know what you mean should probably read "Any spare batteries must be carried on the aircraft and not put in your checked baggage in the planes hold."

I would also advise against putting any battery of that sort in checked luggage whether its in the Mavic or not. Just not worth the risk in my opinion.

That is not very clear, looks like a typo but I think I know what you mean should probably read "Any spare batteries must be carried on the aircraft and not put in your checked baggage in the planes hold."

I would also advise against putting any battery of that sort in checked luggage whether its in the Mavic or not. Just not worth the risk in my opinion.

Yes, there was in fact a type there. Thank you for pointing that out. This should clear up any confusion:

You may not put any spare batteries (meaning they are not installed in the Mavic unit) into your checked baggage. Spare batteries must be placed in your carry-on to be carried aboard the plane.

I have been flying with all my drones as carry-on and have never had an issue in any country, I love the fact that this is so small that it will fit in my back pack so I will have more room in my other carry on

Reactions: Advexure
I work as a cabin crew with singapore airlines and have flown to many places with my p3pro. If you keep your spare batteries with you you'll be fine. So far i havent had problems in USA(vegas, hawaii), japan, germany, maldives, australia and new zealand.

wow
Yes, there was in fact a type there. Thank you for pointing that out. This should clear up any confusion:

You may not put any spare batteries (meaning they are not installed in the Mavic unit) into your checked baggage. Spare batteries must be placed in your carry-on to be carried aboard the plane.
that's nice information thanks guys share amazing info here

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580