DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Traveling on a cruise with mavic

Arcadian501

Reactions
Question if my data is off on my phone will I still be able to use the functions ? Going to Roatan an Cozumel Costa Maya in April

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Which functions are you referring to?

I would imagine the following would be not available to you.
  • The maps on your phone, unless cached at the spot when your phone was still connected to a wifi hotspot, will not be available.
  • If you're flying in a warning/authorization zone, your drone will not fly and without internet, you cannot authorize the flight when taking off. To work around that, do an advanced unlock on your computer and download that unlock ticket into your app so the drone can fly normally.
  • Live streaming to a video platform is not available.
  • Flight data cloud syncing will not work until you are connected to the internet again.
Everything else should still work.

Reactions: KiterTodd
Do some research as many have said drones are not allowed on cruise ships. They get confiscated and returned to you after.

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

17c91aa8e020bb78a2589fc3b38e9b36.jpg

I guess that answers that ****!!

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Yes, you can be proactive, and download the maps before you leave home, as long as you know where you are going to want to fly.
BUT the real issue is "The Boat".....
Like mentioned, a majority of lines, they confiscate and hold them until the cruise ends.
I have read that one or two will release them once in port...
But I am a believer of the addage: "Don't get off the Boat".......:)

NCL if they find them will hold them until you get off at a port. I know 4 people who took their drones on cruises. Nobody had any issues bringing them onboard in checked luggage. Two got "caught" returning first port day, two never got caught. Its pretty simple, the cruise lines put this into place because they did not want some idiot flying a drone on the ship while it was underway. Yes you can go to YT and see a couple of this idiots at work, one guy even lost his Phantom because it could not make it back. Just use some common sense.

And yes, I'm leaving on a 14 day cruise soon and I will be taking my MP

Reactions: SMI
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlafica