DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Traveling on an Airplane with your Mavic Pro

I actually think with the cost of shipping one all the way from the US with insurance, you might be better off just trying to rent something in Athens - it may be you can find a UAV shop that can rent you one of their used or display models for a couple of weeks or something.

What a pain in the *** - I'd suggest taking your business elsewhere, however if that's not an option I guess you could ship it UPS or similar both ways but probably at considerable cost and risk of difficulty collecting without documentation showing you're the person at your (temporary) shipping address in Greece.
I Agree, but it's kind of set in stone. Never again. Ill keep investigating alternatives... thanks

Sorry, I should mention that I'm traveling from the USA...

I would still take it, tsa could careless and if ya put it inside backpack nobody on tair would even know. Ive taken several trips on multiple airlines in US and Mex and not a word from tsa

The airline doesn't check what in your bag tsa does.

I would still take it, tsa could careless and if ya put it inside backpack nobody on tair would even know. Ive taken several trips on multiple airlines in US and Mex and not a word from tsa

The airline doesn't check what in your bag tsa does.
Good points ... all true ... but there may special scrutiny on items coming from the banned countries (executive order)

Left for Amsterdam, Belgium and France last week (left from US-Atlanta). Have carried my Mavic in my backpack everywhere. Not a bit of trouble. I have the Mavic and controller in separate hard cases for protection. Other than that I have done nothing special.
I'm getting more confident that I'll be ok to travel with drone on Turkish AL, but would love to here it from someone whose done it already. Again I believe the Middle Eastern countries may get a get different level of scrutiny ... thanks for sharing

I'm getting more confident that I'll be ok to travel with drone on Turkish AL, but would love to here it from someone whose done it already. Again I believe the Middle Eastern countries may get a get different level of scrutiny ... thanks for sharing

In Turkey, who checks the carry on's ? That's who you need to worry about, if it's the airline, you screwed, if not you are fine [emoji2]

I was planning to take my Mavic tomorrow from UK to TURKEY but the new restrictions on the UK Government website states that NO lithium batteries can be taken in checked baggage or carry on if dimensions are over 16cmx9cmx1.5cm which rules out Mavic's batteries. EasyJet confirmed over the phone.(their website says 16cmx9cm)
The main issue is Turkish staff going through Turkey. Whatever they say there's no piece of paper which will sway them!
Thinking of taking 1 battery and take the hit if they bin it!

I was planning to take my Mavic tomorrow from UK to TURKEY but the new restrictions on the UK Government website states that NO lithium batteries can be taken in checked baggage or carry on if dimensions are over 16cmx9cmx1.5cm which rules out Mavic's batteries. EasyJet confirmed over the phone.(their website says 16cmx9cm)
The main issue is Turkish staff going through Turkey. Whatever they say there's no piece of paper which will sway them!
Thinking of taking 1 battery and take the hit if they bin it!

DHL is your friend ;)

Reactions: dbyantis
so I traveling from Europe to New york and buying the beast Next month, so i Cant just put it in My suitcase When going back?

I have just arrived in NYC from London,TBH my Mavic was stored without the battery in a hard case, my controller fully discharged in a similar hard case, I had a Tiger Hobby Lipo bag which housed my three Mavic batteries,again all where discharged.
All where taken in my hand luggage, but remained zip in their respective cases.
I told the security, my bag was full of camera equipment, which they replied OK no worries, I was not stopped or checked.
However I did follow all the guidelines, just wanted to share my own experience.

Thank you for sharing your comments, I'll be making a trip on Turkish Airlines to Greece soon and have decided to brave carrying drone on plain, despite their warning not to. Banking on TSA not inforcing thus bogus rule.

Thank you for sharing your comments, I'll be making a trip on Turkish Airlines to Greece soon and have decided to brave carrying drone on plain, despite their warning not to. Banking on TSA not inforcing thus bogus rule.

I am sure you will be just fine,

Have Fun

Weather has been pretty attrocious in NYC last several days, only today has the sun finally decided to show itself.
Does appear though, that NYC is on a heightened state of alert, NYPD absolutely everywhere , so my chances of actually flying my mavic are looking very slim.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929