DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Traveling to the Bahamas

oblivie

Reactions
What are the rules to traveling with the mavic as far as these batteries are concerned? Can I take 2 batteries ? Does the xtra one have to be in a lipo bag etc?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Just carry them in your carry on bag .... just cover the terminals and you will be fine

Sent from my SM-G925F using MavicPilots mobile app

You could put them in individual lipo bags if you want to and have them at around 30% power

Sent from my SM-G925F using MavicPilots mobile app

Did you have any trouble at customs, or did you procure a pre-approval letter from the Bahamian government? Heading to Treasure Cay in 2 weeks and would like to bring my Mavic, but haven't satisfied any of the legal requirements.

Just came back from a trip abroad and brought 4 Batteries total. One installed in the Mavic, the other 3 in my backpack.

Let us know how it goes in the Bahamas, I have heard numerous stories drones not allowed in the Bahamas. At Customs they confiscate the drones.

Last edited:
Glad you managed your trip without incident, but at this point ( given all of the horror stories I've heard) I may not bring my Mavic at all. Bummer. I don't think it's worth the risk.

Here is what I found, this was updated as of Feb 2017.Bahamas.JPG

I cannot answer your query about the Bahamas and drone laws, but, for information of others, I have just returned from a cruise around the Caribbean. and got to use my Mavic several times, the only place I was aware of anti-drone rules was on the Isle of Barbados (which was our port of entry from a flight from Gatwick) .
The wind was very strong on all the Islands!!, no wonder they call it "The Windy's" (West Indies). Got to fly the Mavic on Antigua, The Turks & Caicos, Grenade, with no problem.
My Mavic Combo bag was with me every trip ashore, and not once was I stopped by the Security (who X rayed all my bags, when I returned from shore trips) at the Ships Gangplank.
All I would say is be wary ,where ever you fly, they have a load of National Parks/Gardens and have a zero tolerance level and (I would say) would not flinch at seizing your Mavic.
My solid advice is to find a quite spot to hide, and go for it !!
great views to be had !!.
(Video/Stills to follow, when I have unpacked, LOL !!!)

Last edited:
Reactions: jakehinman
I cannot answer your query about the Bahamas and drone laws, but, for information of others, I have just returned from a cruise around the Caribbean. and got to use my Mavic several times, the only place I was aware of anti-drone rules was on the Isle of Barbados (which was our port of entry from a flight from Gatwick) .
The wind was very strong on all the Islands!!, no wonder they call it "The Windy's" (West Indies). Got to fly the Mavic on Antigua, The Turks & Caicos, Grenade, with no problem.
My Mavic Combo bag was with me every trip ashore, and not once was I stopped by the Security (who X rayed all my bags, when I returned from shore trips) at the Ships Gangplank.
All I would say is be wary ,where ever you fly, they have a load of National Parks/Gardens and have a zero tolerance level and (I would say) would not flinch at seizing your Mavic.
My solid advice is to find a quite spot to hide, and go for it !!
great views to be had !!.
(Video/Stills to follow, when I have unpacked, LOL !!!)

Many thanks for the tip! I'll put it to good use.

I have no problem bringing 2 battery in my canon bag through airport customs.

You will need to at a minimum have a permit. The authorities are quite strict about checking whether operators have a permit, and may take the drone or fine you if they catch you flying without one. You are supposed to put a deposit on the drone as a bond when entering the Bahamas, but this is hit or miss depending on if the authorities see the drone when you are entering. Smaller drones like a Spark or Mavic are likely to be better for this, and you may be better off buying something like a Mavic as the bond price can be in the hundreds of dollars and can be a hassle to get the money back when you are leaving.

You can see more info regarding Bahamas drone laws & Bahamas drone permits here, Bahamas Drone Laws | UAV Systems International

Let us know if you have any questions and we would be happy to assist!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka