DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Traveling with an IPad and fly more bag?

larkin

Reactions
Loving the Mavic experience ever since I switched from an Android phone to a dedicated iPad 4 mini. Only minor issue now is the reduced portability of the whole setup with the iPad included. I really like the fly more bag and wonder if people have come up with creative ways to somehow rig the iPad to the bag. If there was, say, an elastic compartment that occupied the entire back of the bag, I imagine the iPad could fit there. Right now I just travel around with the fly more bag over my shoulder and the RC+IPad in my hand. What do you do?

Sent from my XT1650 using MavicPilots mobile app

When I first got the fly more and was using it, the iPad mini fit in the front compartment that the flap goes over. Just can't zip it all the way. But the flap keeps it from coming out.

There were a few other posts where people made pouches and attached them to the back also.

Reactions: larkin
Look at the Lowepro Sling 250 or 150 if you want a good travel bag!

I have the 150... great decision! Fits MP, controller and 3 batteries plus both mains and car charger, filters and spare cards etc... plus a dedicated internal sleeve which fits the iPad mini easily... oh and still room for more! Nice and compact bag, good compartment separation. Highly recommended and I don't even get commission!

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

You could just use a back pack, stick the Fly More shoulder bag in the back pack and you'd have room for the iPad Mini and other items.

I've seen someone cut the seam on the back to make another pocket. I can't find that photo again unfortunately. Hoping they repost here. I'll keep looking again tonight and post a link if I can find it.

Better yet, someone cut the seam on the INSIDE so the ipad could sit with the mavic and controler. Pretty cool. It's from another forum, so not sure I'm permitted to share the link here.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest