DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Traveling with Mavic

Kevin357

Reactions
I will be flying to Australia for a vacation. I did some research and see no issues with flying with the drone or flying it in Australia. Anybody have any experience that either contradicts or supports what I've found?

Thanks

Kevin

Just returned from Sydney last week. Mavic needs to be stored in checked in luggage and all batteries kept with you in cabin luggage. I did get several questions about the batteries but no issues getting through security. Check flight laws and restrictions for the locations you will be flying and you should be OK. The UK legislation is actually more strict than Australian so if you stick to 50m from other people & property, 5km from airports, keep in VLOS and watch out for the numerous helicopters you should be OK. Non commercial of course!

Why do you say check the Mavic into the hold? None of the regulation say that and is a sure way of getting it damaged imo almost regardless of the case. I flew out of Gatwick recently with 2 Mavics in a cabin case and I wasn't even asked to open it..

I'm heading to Europe and the rep from Delta double checked with TSA to ensure no changes and I was told no problem to carry on with mine. They also stated they would note it on my boarding pass or something to that nature and I have phone call recorded and names written just to cover my argument if I run into issues. But I won't know 100 percent until I leave in May.

I've asked around and nobody I spoke with has said they had to put in luggage area. You should be able to carry it on board.

Hi Kevin, I live in Sydney & was recently flying at Palm beach, sensational spot if you can get there but be careful as I walked up to the top of the headland where the lighthouse is and launched for some flight but quickly got called in by the local council ranger as it is illegal (if you get caught) to fly in Australian National parks (I just found out?) , also this spot is a bit tricky as plenty of seaplanes banking over the lighthouse so keep ears & eyes open !! enjoy.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-04-09 at 1.57.11 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2017-04-09 at 1.57.11 pm.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 18
With the new changes to your craft being registered to your geographical location... how does that effect when travelling. I have just updated to the latest firmware and registered the craft so it now flys as i want it... past the restricted 30m height and 50 m radius.... however i am heading to Everest base camp in november and dont want to get there and find i cant fly it far due to not being in my geographical area? Any input would be appreciated.

With the new changes to your craft being registered to your geographical location... how does that effect when travelling. I have just updated to the latest firmware and registered the craft so it now flys as i want it... past the restricted 30m height and 50 m radius.... however i am heading to Everest base camp in november and dont want to get there and find i cant fly it far due to not being in my geographical area? Any input would be appreciated.

Wow,
Everest base camp.
Videos and pictures on your return please.

DJI GEO System - Up-to-date Information On Where to Fly

Last edited:

This might be of interest to you.

Trekking with Mavic Pro at 5000m Height

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair