DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Travis, Caldwell, Hays County Texas

Rockin G

Reactions
Have had my Mavic for about a month. Haven't flown nearly enough...But a lot of that is lack of time. I myself am down in Lockhart. Looking for drone friendly areas to branch out to. Since the media has everyone brainwashed that all drones are bad and all drone flyers are up to no good...Where have you all flown at in the Austin area, San Marcos and maybe even Country areas and all points in between?

I would fly around "Smitty's" or "Black's". Trade aerial shots for "Q".

Cheers,
Gossen

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots
Haha, true. Both areas are very populated....As far as Lockhart goes though. I did fly at the RC racetrack out in Dale a couple weeks ago.

I'm new to drones. In the Round Rock area...surrounded by small private air parks. Funny that I can fly easier in downtown Austin than my neighborhood.

I am just off FM1626 but I’m going to try Butler Park tomorrow.
May head out to Devil’s Backbone next weekend.

I'm in Austin and have only had my Mavic Pro for about a month now. Would very much be interested in meeting up with anyone to share tips, ideas, etc. I, too, had thought about going to Butler Park to see about getting a shot of the city skyline. Will have to give that a go here before too long.

Austin Drone Meetup (Austin, TX) | Meetup

I found this group and joined them last Saturday off 360 Bridge, good group of folks.
The next meetup is Sat Nov 11th at the same place - 5052 Plaza on the Lake at 11:00am. I will not make this one as I will be in Chicago but plan to go every time (2nd Sat of every month) as long as I am home.

I'm in Austin and have only had my Mavic Pro for about a month now. Would very much be interested in meeting up with anyone to share tips, ideas, etc. I, too, had thought about going to Butler Park to see about getting a shot of the city skyline. Will have to give that a go here before too long.

I'm in Austin as well, did you ever go take any shots? I've been wanting to go to the overlook at 360 and take shots of that area and the bridge.

I am just off FM1626 but I’m going to try Butler Park tomorrow.
May head out to Devil’s Backbone next weekend.
I am in Driftwood, not far from Devil's Backbone. Here is a recent video I shot.
Have fun.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamoke