DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tripod mode is really something else!!!!

It's really so much easier to control panning shots as well as dolly type follows. If you haven't tried it yet and you are interested in the filmic look, give Tripod mode a shot! Heres a short clip of what I did today with it.

I cant agree enough.

Also there is another move called follow me, its actually quite nice. Is not an active track but it like a leash and you can point the mavic to any direction you want , the mavic will follow you but watching in the direction set it up, white good as well.

Does anyone know of a way to activate tripod mode but leave the forward and reverse mode at full speed? This would be nice when flying towards something and wanting to make minor course or camera angle changes.

Reactions: handsintheair
Does anyone know of a way to activate tripod mode but leave the forward and reverse mode at full speed? This would be nice when flying towards something and wanting to make minor course or camera angle changes.

I think you can do something very similar with Autopilot Cruise mode.

It's really so much easier to control panning shots as well as dolly type follows. If you haven't tried it yet and you are interested in the filmic look, give Tripod mode a shot! Heres a short clip of what I did today with it.
For some reason this makes me think that something bad is about to happen lol. A Nuke is about to blow up the town as the lady slowly walks by lol.

Reactions: JoshuaCarlton
The thing to watch with it is that any avoiding action you need take e.g due to sudden gust of wind is also very sluggish.
With practice you can get very similar low speeds in normal mode.

The thing to watch with it is that any avoiding action you need take e.g due to sudden gust of wind is also very sluggish.
With practice you can get very similar low speeds in normal mode.
Sure I can see that. I have been learning to orbit manually in tripod mode and then plan to eventually switch to regular mode once I have muscle memory.

I agree, it's the most underrated mode on the Mavic. Superb for low level flying.

I don't understand what you can achieve with tripod mode that you can't with just a steady hand in normal mode?

Reactions: Kilrah
I don't understand what you can achieve with tripod mode that you can't with just a steady hand in normal mode?
Nothing, Its just easier, and when you are following a person fairly close its just nice to have that extra comfort of safety.

Because it's great for very low level flying as it limits your rates, and the footage looks great due to the low speed

Awesome Clip and great composition. I'm going to have to try the tripod mode as soon as I can!
Cheers and thanks for sharing

Cool! I'll have to give that a try. I thought tripod mode was just for keeping it in one place.

Yes I agree Tripod mode is great. It's quite stable. I compared doing a long flight (10 minutes) using Tripod mode vs the same using a Litchi waypoint mission and the footage was smoother using Tripod mode (although you have to get your initial direction perfect).

Here's an example:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BHU