DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tripod mode missing? UPDATED with possible fix.

CrossBowChris

Reactions
So when I first got the Mavic I easily found the tripod mode with all the other Flight modes. But now I am having problems locating it... anyone know where in the DJI GO app I enable tripod mode?

UPDATE-
So the only fix that is confirmed to work for this so far is to delete the DJI Go App and reinstall it. Try that first.

UPDATE #2- I have not had much luck finding a solution. I thought fix above was working but this was not the case. Not sure if other people are having the same issue. I am currently chatting with DJI support to see if they can fix the issue.

Update #3 So after talking with support they suggested Restoring Factory defaults. I could not actually find that, BUT I did find the Restore Factory Default CAMERA settings and tried that and for some reason that worked... Not sure if it will continue to work but for now Tripod mode is back... so I guess its working for now.

Last edited:
So when I first got the Mavic I easily found the tripod mode with all the other Flight modes. But now I am having problems locating it... anyone know where in the DJI GO app I enable tripod mode?
Did you swipe to the second flight mode screen?

yeah I should have mentioned that as well... I will take screen shots and post them... But yes checked both screens.
There's a settings option for extended flight modes or something along those lines. Is that checked?

Please send the Mavic to me and let me troubleshoot the issue for you. I'll send it back once I've located the tripod mode... :rolleyes:

Reactions: Slayerstwin
I thought Tripod Mode was also beneficial for indoor flying. No GPS, so will that still work?

yeah I should have mentioned that as well... I will take screen shots and post them... But yes checked both screens.
I think you'll find you actually have to be airborne to select the mode. You can't access it from a table top.
(I maybe wrong though - I normally am)

Reactions: wolfmad
I have the exact same problem ... I had it when I first started but I can't seem to find it anymore ... did they remove that function ?

Are you on an iOS device? Someone posted elsewhere that they updated the DJI GO app to version 3.0.2 and the tripod mode returned.
Also make sure you're not in sport mode.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

mine didnt have it at the beginning but once i updated the app yesterday i had it. This was on an ios device for me

You should be able to see Tripod mode when your Mavic is on the ground -- like this:

DJI-GO-Flight-Modes2.jpg

Reactions: abstraction21
Are you on an iOS device? Someone posted elsewhere that they updated the DJI GO app to version 3.0.2 and the tripod mode returned.
Also make sure you're not in sport mode.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots
Thanks for your reply. I do have a iOS device and I checked to make sure the DJI go app is updated. As well as not in sport mode.

Got a screenshot?

I can see your screenshots above. Can you post the same screenshots I posted above?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jordy