Tripod Mode

Discussion in 'Mavic Pro Discussions' started by NorthEastJohn, Nov 7, 2016.

1. NorthEastJohn

NorthEastJohn Member

OK, so I received my DJI ship confirmation last Saturday and my two birds will be here this week. I ordered from DJI on 28Sept if anyone is keeping track. Extra batteries are on back-order

Looked at a video on TriPod mode and am a little confused. I have manually adjusted the Expo&Gain and Gimbal on my Pro 3 and 4 and love those nice smooth movement when shooting video.

The video I was watching kept mentioning that Tripod mode needs be connected to Satellites to work and if you lose signal if you are indoors that you may experience sudden uncontrollable rapid movement that could cause a crash. Is this true? I suppose I can just manually adjust the settings as I have with my Phantoms, but like the idea of quick setting if I want to use it. I am planning on flying indoors frequently and may NOT have clear satellite reception. can someone please clarify??

2. kmaluo

kmaluo Well-Known Member

Tripod mode works fine indoors with no GPS.

3. generaltso

generaltso Well-Known Member

I've noticed that Tripod Mode makes right stick movements very slow. But left stick and gimbal movements stay pretty fast even when in Tripod Mode. I figured it would slow down everything.

4. NorthEastJohn

NorthEastJohn Member

Thanks. Can't wait to get flying