DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Trouble with getting camera to work at times

SmittyinNC

Reactions
I just purchased my first drone the Mavic Pro. I have made several attempts to contact customer service but hung up after remaining on hold for over 40 minutes. Hopefully, someone here can help.
There are many times after powering on the aircraft and the remote that I cannot get a picture on the screen. I can still fly the aircraft but I have no view from the camera and the satellite icon goes from nothing to 16 then back to nothing. I even have trouble with the app connecting. I have reinstalled the app and that has not worked. Has anyone had these type issues? Can anyone provide me any assistance before I go into more detail? Looking for someone with Mavic Pro experience to advise. Thanks.

There are many folks here with Mavic experience :p
Have you tried a different phone/tablet? Which one are you using and which version of the app?

Use the bottom port and find a reliable USB DATA cable. Some of the china ones are very very flakey..

There are many folks here with Mavic experience :p
Have you tried a different phone/tablet? Which one are you using and which version of the app?
I have not tried it yet. I am currently using the iPhone 7. I am using the DJIgo4 app.

The cables that come with the Mavic controller are not very reliable. Try a different cable and use the bottom USB socket.
Here is a web site that has a lot of help for Mavic users.
DJI Mavic Accessories & Tips - Mavic Help

Verify your cables are well connected between the RC and the Phone/Tablet.
Try alternate cable (from your own set).

Are you using iOS or Android?

Power on sequence:

From everything off and "kick out the GO app"
  • RC on
  • GO App up and running then hit "Enter Device"
  • Turn on MP

I had this problem. Turned out it wasn't the cable. I totally solved this by putting my phone in aircraft mode before connecting to the remote. Had no problems since!

First and easiest, disconnect and re-connect the lightning plug.
Next, reverse the plug 180°.
Next, try a different cable using the two previous methods.

Just un-boxed mine today and having the same issue. I will try the suggestions here and update tomorrow

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mavic 3 classic User