DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Trouble with NFZ and no take-off

Cutaway

Reactions
Had my first encounter with the NFZ today. Planned ahead for the flight. Called the airports, checked airmap.com and looked up DJI's fly-safe website. All clear.

But when I tried to take off. No joy. I clicked on the yellow circle on the app. Nothing.

Anyone knows how to get more info and avoid this kind of snafu? Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_4389.PNG
    IMG_4389.PNG
    683.1 KB · Views: 58
Triumprider is correct... you have the option of not using GEO by turning it off in the settings. That may fix your issue. I do not use GEO and I live on the extreme edge of a 5 mile ring. It asked me to confirm responsibility, etc...

IMG_0107.PNG

Reactions: Cutaway
Did you have this problem with the previous version? I am just curious to know how much more NFZ stuff they have added.

Rob

Did you have this problem with the previous version? I am just curious to know how much more NFZ stuff they have added.

Rob
Great question! No I did not have this kind of NFZ problem before the firmware and the app update. I was suspecting the same.

I don't mind the additional "zones." Just let me check them on DJI's fly-safe map. I wasted a drive today. Ugh...

Triumprider is correct... you have the option of not using GEO by turning it off in the settings. That may fix your issue. I do not use GEO and I live on the extreme edge of a 5 mile ring. It asked me to confirm responsibility, etc...

View attachment 8192
what is the FW version of this screen from DJIGo4 please ?

I am still stuck with a red circle around my plce corresponding of an abandonned aifield from the wwII in the pacific. it is only soil no concrete with trees in the middle now.

I can see it on the map of the app but not on the dji map from their website...

-21.316408, 164.999352

If I turn the geo fencing off in the app does it just stop the warning messages?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots