DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Two guys in the same area flying within 5 miles of airports

And he should be fined for not having a part 107 as well as other rules he's breaking. Since his main form of income are his videos, by rule, he needs to pass his Part 107 to be able to make money using his drone(s).

Wow, he must make a ton of money from YouTube considering he sold his video sharing company for $25 million.

The Golden Gate bridge is mostly a NFZ so he was probably in the wrong. The 400' rule is not a law and you can indeed fly higher than 400' in some circumstances.

1. (c) Not fly higher than approximately 400 feet above ground level within three (3) miles of an airport without notifying the airport operator.
SOURCE: http://www.modelaircraft.org/files/105.PDF

My local AMA club field is next to a small airport as many of them are. Also, I fly near a grass farm runway that hasn't had a plane go down it in 30 years but it is still listed on maps. If you are concerned call the FAA and ask for their guidance on local strips near you. In most cases you can fly, just be vigilant and yield to manned aircraft.

I know this is an old post but how is the GGB mostly a no fly zone?

There was another thread today about a guy who lost his MP in the bay under the bridge. I figured the GGB would be a NFZ so I looked it up on airmap. It appears if one launches from a boat you aren't violating the national park NFZ on either shore and as long as you stay within 400' of the structure you should be good to go. There is the seaplane base you must call but that's no big deal.

I encountered something along these lines, only it wasn't about proximity to airports. I found a video on YouTube that the guy shot flying above and around the Golden Gate Bridge. In one part, you can see a helicopter flying under the bridge, well below the drone. I made a comment inquiring about how he got the FAA exclusion/permission to fly above the 400' and above people/roads, and the response I got was profanity and threats. Not just from the original posting individual, but from others as well. He complained that I was going to get him in trouble, and I opted not to point out the fact that he was the one who'd posted the video in a public forum of him clearly violating FAA regulations. Go figure.

According to the rule, wouldn't the height be 400' above the structure?

Even if the water below is a thousand feet, the rule would allow for the USA to be 400' above the bridge, correct?

Regarding the DJW's on this site, is there an ignore function for specific users like so many other sites have?

Never mind, found it.

Reactions: wolfmad
B4uFLY app on Android is so useless for me, I gave up. All it does is spin, never shows my location or anything around me. It always thinks I am out in the middle of the ocean.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98