DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Two Mavic´s same problem - picture tilting when flying

It was obviously under warranty, but the detail in the repair report did include pricing:

upload_2017-1-12_15-58-4.png

FWIW, that video I posted in this thread, was the only instance of that crazy behavior. I've flown at least another dozen flights, and it's been rock solid. If you (or anyone else) wants to discuss that particular incident, please do so over in this thread, so I don't further thread jack the OP here.

Ihad an issue where when I turned the horizon would be way tilted and then slowly re level after like 5 seconds or so. I was quite upset as well and called DJI. They were not much help.

I ended up resetting both the controller and bird to factory settings and downloading the old firmware and it fixed the problem for me. I get the odd jerky movement now from the gimble (I've been flying in cold weather though).

I am going to download the new firmware again and see if the problem returns

Ive tried that on my first Mavic, i both downgraded the firmware and upgraded to the new firmware that became availible a couple of days after i got the Mavic. So i tried all three different firmwares availible at the time. I also tried "reset to factory defaults" with Assistant 2 software on both Mavic's. Non of the above worked.
On both Mavic's i also tried all the different calibrations and settings in the GO 4.0 app, i even tried changing the attitude, gain and brake settings.
Like i said earlier, i think i have tried everything possible?
But good for you that the firmware downgrade worked, lets hope it stays that way when you upgrade again?

Some people say its normal and some say its definetely not normal, i think in my cases the gimbal was too sensitive to movements??

It has also been mentioned that one needs to be careful on the sticks, but that doesnt helped for me, it maze the problem less visible but it was still there.

Last edited:
Hi The Mavic Pro,

Did you ever work this out? I am seeing the same on my MP, have lots of time to return still so may just grab another one to check if its the same issue, frustrating though! Definitely did not see this in my P3P

Hi The Mavic Pro,

Did you ever work this out? I am seeing the same on my MP, have lots of time to return still so may just grab another one to check if its the same issue, frustrating though! Definitely did not see this in my P3P

Unfortunately not, i even got it switched out for another one but that one was suffering from the same thing, so i unfortunately i had to return it.
I´m very disappointed in the Mavic behaving this way.
I don't know if this is something thats occurring more often on the Mavic´s?

I will look for another drone, maybe a P4 Pro, but its a shame since i liked the small size of the Mavic.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000