DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

UAE / Abu dhabi drone registration help

Badboydj

Reactions
Hey guys I got my GCAA certificate today. As I was looking for the information below, I know it would be useful to the people on my level.

Here is my experience with it:

1) I signed up online on the GCAA website. Which included me signing up on the website and then adding a drone to my profile.

2) Once the above was over, I got an email from GCAA to come collect the certificate from dubai office after showing the originals I submitted with the application (Emirates ID, Visa copy, picture of drone), I went to the GCAA office behind carrefour airport road instead.

3) My certificate was not ready at that branch, lady at reception spoke to the dubai office who then asked me to mail the GCAA common mail to send my certificate to Abu Dhabi. Once I did that I received a confirmation mail, stating that they will notify me once its ready for pickup. Took them 2 days + 2 days weekend to get it to Abu Dhabi. And I picked it up today showing them nothing but my Emirates ID.

All above was Free of cost :)

To my disappointment, it was nothing but a piece of paper with all the information I typed in while registering on a stamped company letter head.

I hope this information helps as now I feel more confident to fly higher. Not to mention that i have flow to a height of 121m without it :) and I have total of 43 "test" flights already :D

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: sumesh
The law mentions that it's not allowed to use a camera on the drone. I was affraid to register the mavic because of this. Was the camera visible in the picture you submitted?

Sent from my SM-G935F using MavicPilots mobile app

His guys. Yes my question is also regarding registering a Dron in Abu Dhabi that has a camera. Is it possible or will they not allow it ?? I know you can in Dubai but everything I've seen says no camera in Abu dhabi.

Thank you in advance

Hey guys I got my GCAA certificate today. As I was looking for the information below, I know it would be useful to the people on my level.

1) I signed up online on the GCAA website. Which included me signing up on the website and then adding a drone to my profile.

2) Once the above was over, I got an email from GCAA to come collect the certificate from dubai office after showing the originals I submitted with the application (Emirates ID, Visa copy, picture of drone), I went to the GCAA office behind carrefour airport road instead.

3) My certificate was not ready at that branch, lady at reception spoke to the dubai office who then asked me to mail the GCAA common mail to send my certificate to Abu Dhabi. Once I did that I received a confirmation mail, stating that they will notify me once its ready for pickup. Took them 2 days + 2 days weekend to get it to Abu Dhabi. And I picked it up today showing them nothing but my Emirates ID.

To my disappointment, it was nothing but a piece of paper with all the information I typed in while registering on a stamped company letter head.

I hope this information helps as now I feel more confident to fly higher. Not to mention that i have flow to a height of 121m without it :) and I have total of 43 "test" flights already :D

Just wondering when you registered your drone via GCAA it asks if your drone has a camera...which almost all drones do. So if cameras are not allowed how can you register or do you say it doesn't have a camera?

Thanks for the information but i think its much strict now + a lot of money involves

xxxxxxx

Need to take a license test done from sanad academy :
  • LIGHT AIRCRAFTS
    Drones / RPAS below 4 KG
  • HOBBYIST CERTIFICATION
    Course includes certification fee
  • 1 DAY
    5 Hours
  • COURSE FEE
    AED 900/-
    This is including the course fee and license .
  • License alone will cost AED 350 ( This is for a year and every year there would be aed 150 for the renewal )
& the 5% VAT that would be charged extra .
Source : http://www.sanadacademy.ae/basic-bootcamp/

The government of UAE provides the online portal to fill the VAT Registration because its offline system is now not working.
Every business is required to VAT Registration its to be helpful. TheVATUAE is proved the ALL information about the VAT.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000