UAE and Dubai rules and regulations

Discussion in 'sUAV Rules & Regulations' started by Abs, Nov 15, 2016.

1. Abs

Abs Member

I got delivery of my Mavic Pro yesterday. I've just done the registration online with GCAA, tomorrow I will go down with the originals to present and collect the authorisation certificate.

Has anyone else done this in Dubai? The DCAA website says I need a certificate from Sanad Academy but the GCAA don't state this. I'm thinking the GCAA will over rule the DCAA as its for the whole of the UAE not just Dubai.

Does any have any information or experience about this?

Attached Files:

2. Boi222

Boi222 Active Member

How did this go? I'm visiting Dubai as a pit stop for a few days next week with my mavic, I have no intentions of flying but I am reading drones with cameras are illegal in Dubai. I'm worried about issues with customs

3. Abs

Abs Member

The registration from GCAA was simple. No issues at all.

Was told the airport staff will make their own rules. You should be fine though.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

4. Boi222

Boi222 Active Member

thanks! So no issues with the fact the drone has a camera attached ? Have you tried going thru customs with it?

Also for registration, how much was it? I registered online as a precaution and it said I need to go to the office but I really have no plans to fly, I just want safe passage for my drone till my next stop.

5. Abs

Abs Member

I haven't been through customs with it. But the guy said it shouldn't be an issue. At the end of the day they sell them here. It shouldn't be an issue.

The registration is free. So simple and worthwhile doing just to be on the safe side.

If you're not actually staying or living in Dubai I doubt you'll get any issues. The guys in customs may stop you and ask you but if you explain it calmly they'll be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Boi222 likes this.
  6. Boi222

Boi222 Active Member

Cool. Many thanks !!!!