DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

UAV Forecast

marcogatti

Reactions
Hi everybody!

Im starting to use the UAV Forecast app to check weather conditions before take off. By default, the app have a lot of settings about warnings to do or do not fly. Which settings are you guys using for the Mavic?

Best regards to all,
Marco Aurélio

Hmm. As far as I recall, when I downloaded the UAV App the default settings were quite fine in relating ALL of the important pre-flight information you'd need and expect from such a program for weather forecasts. I don't remember having to tinker around with any settings to be up and running with the App instantly. I'll have to double-check on that.

You may already know or have used this, but another really good free App for finding out your local, up-to-the-minute weather flight conditions is Hover. Easy to read, straight to the point information, and it gives you everything you need for your pre-flight planning. A lot of folks use that App, too.

Thank you guys for these other apps. I will try both of them too. But, talking about UAV Forecast, by default, it uses wind speed at 10 meters high, but a good altitude would be something like 120meters (400 ft). Other think is the wind speed. In manual it says that wind can be up to 35kph, but the app alerts such less speed. This kind of configuration that I'm looking for.

Www.Facebook.com/mavicprobrasil

I adjusted UAV Forecast to windspeed of 25 km/h in 25 meters. I left everything else on default. Works fine for me and I must say I absolutely love that app - I find it much better than Hover or AirMaps if you just want to see what are the flight conditions out there quickly.

I think it is a good idea to look att all of these three apps since they differ dramatically in the size of restricted fly zones, at least in my are, around Stockholm, Sweden. Further more I like AirMaps when not only the windspeed is presented but also the strength of gusts. However at one time the windspeed of AirMap (3.6 m/h) was way off the real windspeed (18 m/h).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tenakeetwo