DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Uk Drone Insurance

niallxd

Reactions
Hello all!

So after a few days of trawling these forums I can't find a definitive answer to this question:

• Can I insure my Mavic agains accidental damage/loss & theft in the UK?

I've owned a few DJI drones in the past but never splashed out over £600 on one device so haven't had the need for any insurance.

Now I own a Mavic I think it's about time I look at covering it should I crash/lose it.

If anyone can point me in the direction of a post on here/other forum or a provider I would be very grateful.

Niall

Hello all!

So after a few days of trawling these forums I can't find a definitive answer to this question:

• Can I insure my Mavic agains accidental damage/loss & theft in the UK?

I've owned a few DJI drones in the past but never splashed out over £600 on one device so haven't had the need for any insurance.

Now I own a Mavic I think it's about time I look at covering it should I crash/lose it.

If anyone can point me in the direction of a post on here/other forum or a provider I would be very grateful.

Niall
Hi,

I use Photoguard to insure my Phantom 4 Pro Plus and my Mavic. I also insure other equipment and the premiums are very reasonable.
Photography & Digital Camera, Camcorder & Drone Insurance | Photoguard

Reactions: Mikero
Mikero,

This is exactly what I have been looking for. Just received a quick quote for less than £45/year.

Thanks for your reply sir! Much appreciated!

Niall
You're most welcome and I'm happy to help.

Reactions: niallxd
I don’t think photoguard cover for loss for what I can see. I’m pretty sure they won’t even cover you if it’s stolen unless it’s in a locked compartment/room or was taken directly from you.

I believe BMFA gives you cover by taking out a basic membership - British Model Flying Association. Not expensive and covers quadcopters for hobby use.

I believe BMFA gives you cover by taking out a basic membership - British Model Flying Association. Not expensive and covers quadcopters for hobby use.

Do they cover loss when flying? I’m struggling to find their small print. I can imagine maybe insurance companies would not cover this.

Do they cover loss when flying? I’m struggling to find their small print. I can imagine maybe insurance companies would not cover this.

I believe so, I remember reading it in one of the Drone magazines a while back, maybe worth a call and post the answer.

Would like to know also if the BMFA cover you for loss of drone when flying?

Howdeedoodee - err..tw*t
Home insurance theft
DJI anything else
Unless your a Twat how can you lose it with the GPS features it has.
All the video's I've seen on YouTube of people losing them are halfwits that don't understand what they have in their hands.

Taken from DJI website
DJI Care Refresh is a service plan that provides you with peace of mind, covering damage to your DJI product. DJI Care Refresh is valid for 12 months and offers up to two full replacements at additional charge if accidental damage occurs to your product during normal use. Each time you request a replacement, you’ll receive a replacement unit that is new or equivalent to new in performance and reliability.
A product warranty is a guarantee of repair service provided by a manufacturer if any product defects are found. DJI Care Refresh provides replacement service if damage resulting from accidental damage occurs to the aircraft, propellers, or battery during normal use. You can still enjoy DJI’s standard product warranty without buying DJI Care Refresh, but DJI Care Refresh can greatly reduce service costs. Furthermore, if the repair costs are covered by the standard product warranty, the remaining Replacement balance on your DJI Care Refresh will not be affected.
What if my aircraft lands in water
Damage occurring after the product has come into contact with water is covered by the DJI Care Refresh. Product that suffers water damage can be replaced under DJI Care Refresh.

By pure coincidence, Ikopta (a UK-based YouTube content creator) has just uploaded a video covering this very subject. More options than I was expecting :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Allezzov