DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

UK Pilots - in the south

I`m trying to get out but weather here is rubbish at the moment. Was looking to try 2.7k on one of the NTSC settings.

e01cd9f0d8b595d9293ca214e91bb7b1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I`m trying to get out but weather here is rubbish at the moment. Was looking to try 2.7k on one of the NTSC settings.

I had the same idea early this morning...

This clip was shot in 2.7k (2720x1530) at 29.97fps NTSC (as recommended elsewhere recently). As I don't have any ND filters yet this was shot in Auto with AE locked.
What I did notice is that, although this clip looks ok on my MacBook, the footage is pretty rubbish on my EU spec 4k TV.
I have since changed the settings to 4k (3840×2160) at 25p PAL and the results are MUCH better on the TV and no worse on the laptop so this is what I'll stick with for now.

I had the same idea early this morning...

This clip was shot in 2.7k (2720x1530) at 29.97fps NTSC (as recommended elsewhere recently). As I don't have any ND filters yet this was shot in Auto with AE locked.
What I did notice is that, although this clip looks ok on my MacBook, the footage is pretty rubbish on my EU spec 4k TV.
I have since changed the settings to 4k (3840×2160) at 25p PAL and the results are MUCH better on the TV and no worse on the laptop so this is what I'll stick with for now.

Really interesting you saying that it doesn't work well on your TV... I'm finding the same.

Just looks mushy. What exactly did it look like on your TV, can you explain?

I too have been using NTSC as I like 30frs.. I'm yet to try PAL. I didn't think either would make a difference as I was told it only causes issue using NTSC in the UK when you are filming lights in the UK (e.g flood lights)

Firstly my photos were mushy on JPEG which I've corrected with shooting in RAW... and now I'm trying to correct the video, maybe this is the cure....?

Still doesn't explain why NTSC is mushy/watercolour

What exactly did it look like on your TV, can you explain?

The main issues I had were flickering (ripples on the water) and stuttering movement (on the yaw axis). I find both are much better in PAL setting.
Regarding 'mushy' video, I've read that the bitrate for certain resolutions is too low which results in too much compression. Maybe just mess around as I and others have done until you find settings that suit you...

What I did today was capture the same scene (a simple yaw by hand in the back garden lol) over and over and note the settings that were changed before each clip then watch them all and decide where improvements have been made.

Good luck!

The main issues I had were flickering (ripples on the water) and stuttering movement (on the yaw axis). I find both are much better in PAL setting.
Regarding 'mushy' video, I've read that the bitrate for certain resolutions is too low which results in too much compression. Maybe just mess around as I and others have done until you find settings that suit you...

What I did today was capture the same scene (a simple yaw by hand in the back garden lol) over and over and note the settings that were changed before each clip then watch them all and decide where improvements have been made.

Good luck!

What camera settings to do use?

I think my main problem is I only have a small laptop and no 4k tv. I'd be interested to hear your views if you could test 1080 and 50 fps and see what that looms like on your tv's?

The lower fps settings even in 4k seem to make playback juddery when in motion.

I think my main problem is I only have a small laptop and no 4k tv. I'd be interested to hear your views if you could test 1080 and 50 fps and see what that looms like on your tv's?

The lower fps settings even in 4k seem to make playback juddery when in motion.

Happy to. In fact that would help me out as you'll have the same lighting conditions as me! Outsides been horrific

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada