DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

"Ultrasonic Module Error" since updating to 01.03.0400

This is why I'm waiting to update mine till they fix the firmware. I have my first mavic into DJI cause of focus issue on 1/4 of my screen. It just arrived in California yesterday so now I wait to see how much smoke they try to blow up my bum

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Interesting you say early November. Same time I got mine and I have the same issue as you. Maybe an issue with the early batches?
I just used my 3rd and final battery and was going to record the error - but NOTHING. No error when it started up. I'm wondering if it has anything to do with where you take off from.

Got my Mavic a couple weeks ago. No errors, no problems. Just upgraded firmware today. First flight after update, no problems. Next flights later in the day and I have the same error message now. Not real happy. Will try again on a fresh charge and a new location. We'll see...

So I have flown two more batteries in a new location today and no issues. Flies as it should and no warning messages. Still not sure why this happened, but appears to be fine now.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Interesting you say early November. Same time I got mine and I have the same issue as you. Maybe an issue with the early batches?

This is certainly a possibility, mine was shipped from Apple on the 29/11/2016, however this could have been from the same batch. It seems strange how we're only a handful of people reporting this issue, for the most part everyone else seems happy.

I just used my 3rd and final battery and was going to record the error - but NOTHING. No error when it started up. I'm wondering if it has anything to do with where you take off from.

I was wondering this too, but I have tried multiple different surfaces in sunlit, overcast, indoors (just arming the motors) and on each occasion the error message occurs. I'm not convinced this is a software issue, as downgrading does not revive the sensor functionality. It simply mustn't have been working from the start.

My Mavic is due to be collected by UPS tomorrow, hoping they can swap out the mainboard to fix the issue.

This is certainly a possibility, mine was shipped from Apple on the 29/11/2016, however this could have been from the same batch. It seems strange how we're only a handful of people reporting this issue, for the most part everyone else seems happy.

I was wondering this too, but I have tried multiple different surfaces in sunlit, overcast, indoors (just arming the motors) and on each occasion the error message occurs. I'm not convinced this is a software issue, as downgrading does not revive the sensor functionality. It simply mustn't have been working from the start.

My Mavic is due to be collected by UPS tomorrow, hoping they can swap out the mainboard to fix the issue.
Let us know the results. If it's under warranty, I'll send mine back too since it does seem like it may be hardware.

I have the same issue with the latest firmware upgrade. I've since downgraded to .200 and all is back to normal. Just wondering if I should contact DJI for a replacement. With the .400 upgrade I had the sensor issue, loss of GPS and screen on my iPhone 6.

Last edited:
After the update I too am starting to get this error. First I was getting IMU Errors but if I power cycle it goes away. Then I started having issues with the Ultrasonic module error. it asked me to calibrate the ultrasonic sensors while attached to a PC or Mac using DJI assistant. I loth doing that because it in my experience has been so buggy in the past. Anybody sent one back and got a working one back yet? I wish I had never gone to DJI GO 4. I NEVER had an issue on the old DJI GO.

Reactions: JAY DEE
How do I downgrade to .200 I have never tried downgrading a DJI product. Never needed to till now.

Come to think of it my P4 is starting to have gimbal problems AFTER the upgrade. It will sometimes just tumble and sit at an odd angle. Scared the living daylights out of me the first time it did it. Re calibrated and SEEEEEMS to have cleared up. hmmmm not happy with this software at ALL.

I posted earlier about this error message and thought it had gone away, but.... there it is again. Quite upsetting. Looks like I keep it and fly until an update comes out that fixes this issue or things settle down and I ship this back. Very disappointing especially when I think about the possibility of not getting my machine back but rather a refurb. We'll see.

I've gotten the same error today. I upgraded to the new software and things haven't been the same. I got the ultrasound module error, and then didn't fly. After turning off and back on the error wasn't there. But I flew and it would only lef me go up about 10meters and would reach its altitude. Then trying to land it did not cope, it slammed down and then flew back up and I'm not sure what to do now.. not sure how to revert to prior firmware

Of the people who have this issue, have you all recallibrated your IMU? Just curious!

Of the people who have this issue, have you all recallibrated your IMU? Just curious!

DJI had me to calibrate everything again and it didnt change anything - spent loads of time downgrading and calibrating - RMA in progress

DJI had me to calibrate everything again and it didnt change anything - spent loads of time downgrading and calibrating - RMA in progress

I did exactly the same, and it never made an iota of difference.

Fortunately, I was sent a pre-paid UPS label by DJI when they opened a new case for me, so no shipping costs were involved. My drone was delivered to DJI in the Netherlands on Friday, so now just waiting to hear from them.

Hey man, yeah, I calibrated IMU and compass before I flew. I have downgraded and not getting the error, but am yet to fly it. Im heading to a more open place shortly to give it a go!

Hey man, yeah, I calibrated IMU and compass before I flew. I have downgraded and not getting the error, but am yet to fly it. Im heading to a more open place shortly to give it a go!

You won't get an error with the old firmware as DJI didn't add any measures to check for ultrasonic module functionality. The only way you'd know if it was working is by making an audio recording next to the drone, where you'd expect to pick up the ultrasonic pulses against the microphone in the recording. Sadly, the latest firmware only brought this to light. :(

mine is off to the Netherlands ... expected turnaround is 10 days unfortunately ...

mine is off to the Netherlands ... expected turnaround is 10 days unfortunately ...

Good luck, hopefully everything will be sorted. I received an email from them earlier today to state that my drone has been received, the repair tracking is now at 'Conducting Damage Assessment'.

Hi. I wonder if the ultrasonic module error is till there after upgrading to the new firmware v01.03.0500.
Has anyone who has had this error perhaps moved to v01.03.0500?
Thanks

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biggej