DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

"Ultrasonic Module Error" since updating to 01.03.0400

Hi. I wonder if the ultrasonic module error is till there after upgrading to the new firmware v01.03.0500.
Has anyone who has had this error perhaps moved to v01.03.0500?
Thanks
Hi, my mavic was fine under 0400 but literally just upgraded to 0500 and bang, US module error... FFS I've only flown this thing once since returning for gimbal errors and shite weather. It's Starting to piss me off now. :mad:

hmm UPS tracking says delivered - support app does say: expecting .... I think this is where their system isnt working and starts to fail ..

hmm UPS tracking says delivered - support app does say: expecting .... I think this is where their system isnt working and starts to fail ..

This happened to me. It took 3 days for them to acknowledge that they had received my parcel. :(

Mine has apparently been repaired (aka they've made it look as though they've repaired it but in fact sent me another drone with a different serial number) and it is now on its way back to me.

I can bet you any money the replacement drone will have other problems.

I guess the letter I included with the package for them NOT to send a replacement was not read, or discarded very quickly.

why did you not want a replacement?

I didn't want the risk of the replacement having other issues, such as uneven focus issues, yellow spot in the middle of the image etc. Mine had been perfect in this regard, the image was extremely sharp and I had been experiencing no issues until the ultrasonic sensor problem came along.

I really think it's a lottery draw as to what you will get in return. If mine exhibits any of these issues, it's going straight back, and will keep on doing so until everything is right. :(

Hmm ok, I've done a little more investigation into this US issue and don't seem to get the fault when I power up on a glossy/ reflective surface?! I'm thinking this may just be a sw glitch? Can anyone confirm if DJI have actually stated if this is a genuine fault?

I went from ver 02 to 04 and got the US module error. Decided to downgrade again to 02 using DJI assistant 2 then upgraded to 05 last night after release.

Flew this morning and didn't get any US module error anymore. Hope it doesn't show up on mu next flights.

Hmm ok, I've done a little more investigation into this US issue and don't seem to get the fault when I power up on a glossy/ reflective surface?! I'm thinking this may just be a sw glitch? Can anyone confirm if DJI have actually stated if this is a genuine fault?

At this point, it's difficult to tell, although the small number of people suffering this issue compared to what (seemingly) are a majority of happy people who are not suffering the issue.

I'm still not convinced, at least in my case, that this is a software issue. I guess once I receive the replacement, test it out, and update to the latest firmware (if it hasn't already been updated at factory) I'll be able to provide a more definitive answer.

The fact that they've replaced my drone implies there was definitely something wrong somewhere.

I went from ver 02 to 04 and got the US module error. Decided to downgrade again to 02 using DJI assistant 2 then upgraded to 05 last night after release.

Flew this morning and didn't get any US module error anymore. Hope it doesn't show up on mu next flights.

The chances are that the issue will probably come back, sooner or later. :( I used to have it where once in every say 12 startups the error wouldn't occur, but then it would start playing up again. Should hopefully get mine back Wednesday so I'll update with my findings once it's in my hands.

I do think so either - I guess it might be a manufacturing fault on a small batch maybe - interestingly it seems the batch is actually world spread rather than a specific region which is odd

Hi. I wonder if the ultrasonic module error is till there after upgrading to the new firmware v01.03.0500.
Has anyone who has had this error perhaps moved to v01.03.0500?
Thanks
I have just updated to .500 after reverting back to 300 - i now have the ultrasound module error again so I am going to start the return process :(

got a notification that my Mavic has been received ... so lets see what the next steps will be ...

"It will take 1-2 working days to conduct damage assessment. Please wait patiently."

got a notification that my Mavic has been received ... so lets see what the next steps will be ...

"It will take 1-2 working days to conduct damage assessment. Please wait patiently."

From this point it took another 3 days to have my replacement sent out. Mine has touched back down in the UK and is currently in Tamworth so I should hopefully get it tomorrow with a bit of luck.

From this point it took another 3 days to have my replacement sent out. Mine has touched back down in the UK and is currently in Tamworth so I should hopefully get it tomorrow with a bit of luck.
lucky you - lets hope it works ... I guess I'll be flying the Inspire over the weekend then ...

Reactions: Mark Comerford
here comes the bill ... I did send it in with the ultrasonic issue as well as camera blur on one side
xYqRoTD.png

warranty ...

Reactions: Slayerstwin
here comes the bill ... I did send it in with the ultrasonic issue as well as camera blur on one side
xYqRoTD.png

warranty ...

Doesnt half make your heart skip a beat when you see all those figures though..But as long as the bottom digit is a zero then happy days! Blatently a tax fiddle though lol

to be fair it confirms why I went for the care refresh program - in case sh1t it will be expensive

Hi all,
Just to say that I received my drone yesterday good news is that the ultrasonic issue is now fixed and as we suspected, this was definitely a hardware fault. The ultrasonic pulses can be clearly heard, even without a microphone.

The bad news, is as I suspected would happen, the image just isn't quite as sharp. Comparing RAW files taken with both old and new devices, the new drone lens is clearly more astigmatic towards the right of the frame. At this point, I'm not sure whether I have the time or energy to send it back or to just keep it, as it's a gamble as to whether I'll receive something that's better or worse.

Cheers,
Mark.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser