DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Unable to calibrate controler

WIMMPYIII

Reactions
My brother just got a mavic and when we went to calibrate the controller it kept saying not to touch the controls and click start. kept saying this in a loop and would not let us calibrate the controler.
This was on the latest update on Iphone.
Switch to my samsung phone and ran the calibration with no issues and then switch back to his iphone to fly.
Is this a glitch in the iphone update or is this a isolated occurrence?
Everything else in the app seems to be working normally.

My brother just got a mavic and when we went to calibrate the controller it kept saying not to touch the controls and click start. kept saying this in a loop and would not let us calibrate the controler.
Switch to my samsung phone and ran the calibration with no issues and then switch back to his iphone to fly.

I have heard that if the iPhone is two close to the controller (wedged right up in the grips) it will mess with the magnetism of the sticks, if you leave a little gap between the phone and the rc you will have better luck.
Regards,
-d.

Also note don't move slow like it seems you may have to do. One stick at a time rotate in the way it ask. Worked for me is.

Yeah for me when I calibrated the controller it's not really clear what you're supposed to do with the sticks - the guide icons move a little at a time as though you're supposed to put the dot that indicates the stick position over them.

In the end I seem to have a good calibration anyway, but to be clear is it the case that you should just rotate the sticks clockwise one at a time ignoring the on screen guidance?

I had no issue calibrating when it would let me start the calibrating sequence on android. It would not let me get that far with the crapple phone.
I will tell him the tip of keeping it farther way from the controller next time and see if it changes anything.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121