DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Unable to calibrate vision sensors

Finally got mine calibrated. I ended up using a pc with Windows 7. The other computers I tried we're running Windows 10 and dji assistant didn't seem to like it. Hope that helps someone.

DJI software is terrible, check app message in controler.Calbration vision sensor when app is opened.I waited a long time to get this bird in the air ,all was fine until the MANDITORY UPDATE.Now 3rd attempt to calbration vision sensor and still stuck at 85%..

I calibrated with Windows 7; but I had to change monitor resolution to get the calibration screen with dots to follow.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Same for me, recalibration hangs at 85% on a PC. Online with tech support but unhelpful and gave up. Flying with SYS ERROR message now.

Reactions: boxsterfahrer
Same for me, recalibration hangs at 85% on a PC. Online with tech support but unhelpful and gave up. Flying with SYS ERROR message now.
If your Mavic is new and you get the sensor error and cannot get calibration...stops at 85% .. Make sure you removed all the little clear plastic stickers from the senors.
This happen to me and i spent a week trying to calibrate it with no luck.. Always stopped at 85%. I got a tip from someone else about the stickers and i had one left on the sensor.
Pulled it off and it calibrated with no problem

If your Mavic is new and you get the sensor error and cannot get calibration...stops at 85% .. Make sure you removed all the little clear plastic stickers from the senors.
This happen to me and i spent a week trying to calibrate it with no luck.. Always stopped at 85%. I got a tip from someone else about the stickers and i had one left on the sensor.
Pulled it off and it calibrated with no problem
I'll check that tonight, thanks. Hope that's it!

I'm having a similar issue. It's telling me to Calibrate Vision Sensors. When I attempt to, the Calibration tabs stays greyed-out. Tells me to reboot the Mavic. I reboot the Mavic and the app with the same result. Can't go any further than this point.

Any suggestions?
FYI didn't get this issue until I upgraded my firmware from .0300 to .0500.
I reverted back to .0400; .0300 wasn't available to revert back to.

I'm having a similar issue. It's telling me to Calibrate Vision Sensors. When I attempt to, the Calibration tabs stays greyed-out. Tells me to reboot the Mavic. I reboot the Mavic and the app with the same result. Can't go any further than this point.

Any suggestions?
FYI didn't get this issue until I upgraded my firmware from .0300 to .0500.
I reverted back to .0400; .0300 wasn't available to revert back to.
Take a look at this thread Sensor calibration
Regards,
-d.

Reactions: Vicsky
The DJI Assistant will only work with monitors over 12.5". I tried in vain with 11" laptop and got to 85%. At the time it was the only computer I had access to. Tried again tonight with a 23" monitor. DJI Assistant automatically determines the size of your monitor, at least it did in my case. Got the blank screen instead of the dots. Monitor was set to 1080. Reset to 1600x900 and dots appeared and calibration was flawless. No sticking at 85%.

Read my solution above. That's how I got it working.

Summary: find a resolution that works. Restart app after every failed attempt. And by restart, I mean close app and restart it. Don't just restart the calibration process. No need to restart bird.

Hopefully you'll find a Rez that works. I had to use 1600x900.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Thanx a lot mate , that was the solution for sensors calibration on my mavic with dji assistant 2. Was looking for 2 days to solve that problem, and worked as you sed. Imac 27 change resolution 1600x900 and calibration done correctly. Thanx again.

Make sure you're up to date- I refreshed my firmware and recalibrated my IMU and Compass before starting. Also, people on here say to calibrate cold so don't let it warm up. Another thing- try to use a USB cable that came with it. I had to switch to a longer one but it still worked. I had to try a few to find one that would work.

How do I refreash my firmware? I'm having the same issue.

Finally got mine calibrated. I ended up using a pc with Windows 7. The other computers I tried we're running Windows 10 and dji assistant didn't seem to like it. Hope that helps someone.

Hello

I have more than 2 weeks trying to make the adjustment of Sensor Calibration, confirmed the mentioned by JM Desing and effectively using a Laptop with Windows 7 can immediately perform the calibration.

I want to mention that a week ago I contacted the representative of DJI in Mexico and have no idea what is happening, they told me that the problem with my Mavic Pro had to be reviewed by themselves since it was not only the Update, then what confidence can I have with the representative DJI in Mexico?

Summary: find a resolution that works. Restart app after every failed attempt. And by restart, I mean close app and restart it. Don't just restart the calibration process. No need to restart bird.

This worked for me (1600 x 900 res) on my Mac Mini with external monitor. I had tried all of the resolution choices, but had not quit and relaunched between. It did the trick. Thank you, Brandon.

Hi
After fighting for two hours browsing all the interwebs ;-) I finally (!) got it to work on my Mac.
OSX El Capitan 10.11, 1920x1080

The issue was with my dual screen configuration, and the trick that made it for me was that switching the second screen off is not enough. You have to physically disconnect the second screen from the Mac.

After I did that, the "Calibrate" button magically turned blue in DJI Assistant 2 app.

Hoping this will help others.

I had to flip through all resolutions until I found it worked. On the last possible setting, 1000p, it allowed it to complete without error.
Glad I found the answer here. Thanks.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54