DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Unable to type RTH w/ iPad mini

m4v1c

Reactions
I recently got and iPad mini 4 to fly my Mavic. When I wanted to type a new RTH altitude and/or set a max distance on the Go4 app, the Apple keyboard does not have an "enter" or "done" key thus I'm unable to change & save the height/distance.

This is what is looks like on my iPad Mini 4
-When I enter in any # for either for the "RTH altitude" or "Set Max Flight Altitude" or "Distance Limit," I CANNOT save the specific altitude or distance. For example, the RTH altitude is currently set at 30 m; if I wanted to update the RTH altitude to 100 m there is no button for "enter" or "done" after I typed 100 m. Thus it automatically goes back to a RTH altitude of 30 m EVEN tho I wanted 100 m. I tried tapping out of the settings page or clicking on another sub-category (highlighted in red circles), but again the RTH altitude is not saved. How am I suppose to be able to change the RTH altitude if my iPad mini 4's on screen keyboard won''t let me.

Thanks
upload_2017-4-16_10-0-18.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-4-16_9-42-55.png
    upload_2017-4-16_9-42-55.png
    696.9 KB · Views: 45
I will try this later today as I purchased a used Mini 3 yesterday and so far love it. Possible work around is to set these parameters using your iPhone first then change over to the iPad mini

I have an Ipad4 mini, and my keyboard works fine with Go4. Enter key is there and works fine. How have you got your keyboard setup under settings on the iPad?

Is everything connected? You're messing with the app and probably not hooked up to your aircraft. In order to make changes in the software, you have to have the RC control on, the aircraft on , making connections. You are storing settings in the drone, not in the software.

I recently got and iPad mini 4 to fly my Mavic. When I wanted to type a new RTH altitude and/or set a max distance on the Go4 app, the Apple keyboard does not have an "enter" or "done" key thus I'm unable to change & save the height/distance.

This is what is looks like on my iPad Mini 4
-When I enter in any # for either for the "RTH altitude" or "Set Max Flight Altitude" or "Distance Limit," I CANNOT save the specific altitude or distance. For example, the RTH altitude is currently set at 30 m; if I wanted to update the RTH altitude to 100 m there is no button for "enter" or "done" after I typed 100 m. Thus it automatically goes back to a RTH altitude of 30 m EVEN tho I wanted 100 m. I tried tapping out of the settings page or clicking on another sub-category (highlighted in red circles), but again the RTH altitude is not saved. How am I suppose to be able to change the RTH altitude if my iPad mini 4's on screen keyboard won''t let me.

Thanks
View attachment 10819

Is the Mavic Connected via the RC? I have an iPad Mini with the P4P - no issue. Waiting on the MP to return from DJI.

Is everything connected? You're messing with the app and probably not hooked up to your aircraft. In order to make changes in the software, you have to have the RC control on, the aircraft on , making connections. You are storing settings in the drone, not in the software.

Yep , what ^ he said . I really wish the app would let you select the settings for the drone and camera then load them automatically when they connect but it doesn't .

Yep , what ^ he said . I really wish the app would let you select the settings for the drone and camera then load them automatically when they connect but it doesn't .

Totally agree. Nothing like burning battery going through settings.

OTOH, as a nod to simplicity all these settings are on the bird, not the app or controller.

In the case where you have 2 or more birds, it would also get a little more complex - yes, they could have settings files for various birds by "name" (you name your birds, right?).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake