DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Undecided to buy the Mavic

More and more I'm coming to a conclusion of buying this drone, I thing with all this advice I'm more than confident I will pull the trigger ;)

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

You'll love it. This is a good place for any questions you might have. Most people are helpful some just want to stir the ****. Glad your going to take the leap have fun with it.

Sent from my VS986 using MavicPilots mobile app

Reactions: rmadrid20
The Mavic is my first drone and I'm very surprised at the ease of acclimating to it. I've spent time in some open space to play with the controls and now I've been flying around my house, trees and even gradually out of site.

I've been contemplating the idea of buying this cool drone but what is holding me back is the price (not so much) and the idea that I've never did fly a drone before and I might crash it on the first flight (big time scare)
Any of you being a rook like me bought one with no issues at all? I guess I need some encouragement lol
Thanks guys

The MP is my first drone ever. No issues. I've had one minor accident (at 40 cm above ground) hitting some bushes due to a) bad planning, b) forgetting to switch back to P-mode and c) hitting "left" when I should have hit "right". Cost: 1 propeller. Very Lucky. Since then I've been much choosier in my takeoff/landing spot and I've refined my "day before" checklist and site checklist somewhat.

You have to take this somewhat seriously to avoid crap that will kill the enjoyment of it. I do it for enjoyment and invest the time to protect that enjoyment.

Once you hit the "order" button, download the manual and print it. Grab your favourite colour highlighter[1] and read that thing 4 or 5 times cover to cover highlighting the stuff you feel you need to focus on. Download and install the app for your phone/tablet too.

Disclosure: I flew RC as a kid with my father and I'm a pilot and instructor (former days) - so that helps a lot. But if you read the manual, read all the posts here and elsewhere and watch the better YouTube videos (there are some doozy dumb ones, alas) then you'll be ready to take the first steps when the drone comes in (step 1: charge a battery and the RC).

And finally: be sure you know and understand the rules, regulations and laws where you are.

[1] Yellow. But not legible in text form here...

The MP is my first drone ever. No issues. I've had one minor accident (at 40 cm above ground) hitting some bushes due to a) bad planning, b) forgetting to switch back to P-mode and c) hitting "left" when I should have hit "right". Cost: 1 propeller. Very Lucky. Since then I've been much choosier in my takeoff/landing spot and I've refined my "day before" checklist and site checklist somewhat.

You have to take this somewhat seriously to avoid crap that will kill the enjoyment of it. I do it for enjoyment and invest the time to protect that enjoyment.

Once you hit the "order" button, download the manual and print it. Grab your favourite colour highlighter[1] and read that thing 4 or 5 times cover to cover highlighting the stuff you feel you need to focus on. Download and install the app for your phone/tablet too.

Disclosure: I flew RC as a kid with my father and I'm a pilot and instructor (former days) - so that helps a lot. But if you read the manual, read all the posts here and elsewhere and watch the better YouTube videos (there are some doozy dumb ones, alas) then you'll be ready to take the first steps when the drone comes in (step 1: charge a battery and the RC).

And finally: be sure you know and understand the rules, regulations and laws where you are.

[1] Yellow. But not legible in text form here...

Thanks so much for your input, I'll make sure to fallow your advice, let's the fun begin !!!

Well I did it !!!!! Order placed ;) now it's the wait game

Glad you did it! I got the P3 as a cheapish beginner and I really disliked flying it so it sat gathering dust after just 4 flights. Then I saw the Mavic ad... and bought it without hesitation. About 3 months later still love flying it and the more I watch/read about the more impressed I am with the tech.

Auto settings are generally good but there's so much to play around without during the flight so you can really fine tune it.

Best of luck and let us know how you go!

Glad you did it! I got the P3 as a cheapish beginner and I really disliked flying it so it sat gathering dust after just 4 flights. Then I saw the Mavic ad... and bought it without hesitation. About 3 months later still love flying it and the more I watch/read about the more impressed I am with the tech.

Auto settings are generally good but there's so much to play around without during the flight so you can really fine tune it.

Best of luck and let us know how you go!

This might sound stupid but I feel like a kid again waiting to open the presents in December lol, I live in Florida and I'm sure I will capture a lot of good footage, thanks guys one more time for your inputs

I'd go with a cheap one first. Find out if its something you are really interested in before dropping a big bunch of a cash. Learn to fly on one of those 100 buck ones. If money is no object then go for it. They are pretty easy to fly as there as so many "aides" to help a noob...

You only have 48 hours after activation to get the DJI Refresh, so you'll be out of luck after that.

Last edited:
You only have 48 hours after activation to get the DJI Refresh, so you'll be out of luck after that.
You can still purchase/activate DJI Care Refresh after 48 hours. See more details about that here.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580