DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Uneven gimbal black tape

vibemeister

Reactions
Hello Everyone

I have my mavic for a month now, and have only flown it 3 times due to a busy schedule and uncooperative weather at times.

I have a silly question, and I think it's just me being OC about this, but still want to find out. I noticed that the black tape beside the gimbal is uneven/not straight. I'll post the picture for you to better understand what I mean.

It doesn't seem to cause any trouble or problems with my gimbal when I'm flying. And everything seems to be working normally, except for the zoom function not working thru the 5d button, which is a known issue at the moment with android users.

This is the photo of my mavic:

Attachments

• 20170613_150859.jpg
    20170613_150859.jpg
    513.8 KB · Views: 40
And these are photos from the net that I've seen which I think is normal?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-06-13-14-14-13.png
    Screenshot_2017-06-13-14-14-13.png
    484.1 KB · Views: 32
  • Screenshot_2017-06-13-14-14-13.png
    Screenshot_2017-06-13-14-14-13.png
    484.1 KB · Views: 27
  • Screenshot_2017-06-13-14-16-20.png
    Screenshot_2017-06-13-14-16-20.png
    796.7 KB · Views: 28
So in your opinion, is there any abnormality with the built of my mavic gimbal? Or does anyone have the same condition as mine?

Really appreciate your opinions and answers about my queries.

Thanks!!

Let @Thunderdrones look at your picture and he will explain it
to you :)

Reactions: Former Member
I have a silly question, and I think it's just me being OC about this, but still want to find out. I noticed that the black tape beside the gimbal is uneven/not straight.
That's fine. That cable is flexible, so it's not going to hurt anything if it's not perfectly straight.

Make sure that ribbon cable is as straight as possible and it is sticking out in front of the gimbal like that or it could snag on another part of the gimbal and tear the fragile ribbon somewhere upstream.

torn ribbon 2.jpg

Thanks for the replies! Yes it is flexible. Tried touching it to see if something is caught in it, but it looks fine. I initially thought of sending it back, but after flying it didn't caused me a problem at all, so decided not to.

So far I have been enjoying this amazing machine!

I initially thought of sending it back, but after flying it didn't caused me a problem at all, so decided not to.

Glad you came to this forum before sending it back. That cable and the silver cable are very susceptible to damage during a hard landing or crash because of their lack of protection. Nothing you can really do about it aside from avoiding crashes. :)

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gtfuture11