DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Upcoming Update - Clarification

Aidi

Reactions
Hey All,

I am reading lots about this upcoming update that DJI are soon to release. Personally, as long as i can fly then ill go with it.

What i need clarificaion on is...

I understand that once the update is out, you need to login etc and accept the T&C's etc which in turn will allow you continue flying as if nothing had changed. All done at home with a wifi connection etc.

What happens a few days later when i am out and about with no internet connection? Is it a case of do the above and you're good to go and fly?

I use a iPAD mini 2 and prior to flying i cache all the mapping in the area where i am going - so never need to rely on a cellular signal once i start flying.

If someone could just clarify this point, it would be apprecaited

Hey All,

I am reading lots about this upcoming update that DJI are soon to release. Personally, as long as i can fly then ill go with it.

What i need clarificaion on is...

I understand that once the update is out, you need to login etc and accept the T&C's etc which in turn will allow you continue flying as if nothing had changed. All done at home with a wifi connection etc.

What happens a few days later when i am out and about with no internet connection? Is it a case of do the above and you're good to go and fly?

I use a iPAD mini 2 and prior to flying i cache all the mapping in the area where i am going - so never need to rely on a cellular signal once i start flying.

If someone could just clarify this point, it would be apprecaited
That is my understanding, it is a one time thing (or one time until the next update.) You should be fine.

Reactions: Aidi
I plan to attempt disabling the internet connection of DJI Go app and services and just stick to the firmware and software version I have. Will see if that works or not. I dont like the fact that we are required to jump through hoops for me to use this to the extent I want to. I considered opening a refund case with Paypal and return it. I didn't purchase my mavic to have it watered down if I dont want to register and update it.

DJI is calming that this update will make sure you have the right "STUFF" this word was used by atop DJI employee
Why did he use the word STUFF instead of the proper term SOFTWARE -- As far as I know that when I registered my Drone with DJI
and the FAA my name and information is already Bonded to my AC -- Why do I need to register again ? because of NFZ information ?
to make sure I have the right STUFF -- DJI has already been installing NFZ software in there FW updates and it is causing problems
with Mavic users getting False Positive NFZ warnings making there Mavic's unable to fly now they DJI is looking to put in place a new
method of ID-ing users --- The information is already available for DJI to use
1-- This is not the first time DJI will not fully disclose what is within there updates
2-- if this update does not create some sort of problem with the Mavic system people will start to think why when it seems that all the past
updates seemed to correct one problem and create another while some updates just made existing problems worst
Some people are just tired of being Pawn's used to test DJI's ongoing faulty software (STUFF)
Now there are many more legitimate questions being asked about this STUFF and DJI is not responding to any further.
I'm not surprised by DJI doing so , this is what I've been dealing with since I purchased a DJI product
There has been Deception in there past by not disclosing what they include in the updates
One for sure now is if you do not take the update you will suffer loss of some functions of the Mavic
When was this ever mentioned in any update ?? it never was but Now DJI claims to render your Mavic not fully functional ?
The only way this can happen is if it was slipped into a Pryor update and if this is true It is Deception plain and simple
I am in no way attacking DJI I only ask why all the sneaking around tactics and continuing to
ignore some legitimate questions when you have Administrators and Moderators on your DJI
Forum website and also are refusing to give any answer to legitimate questions it is leaving people to wonder what else is going to be going on ?

Last edited:
1 question and 1 remark.
1) if I don't approve the T&C, do I get my money back?
2) I fly a lot with other apps like Autopilot and Maps Made Easy which don't need DJI GO 4..... Need to test that....

1 question and 1 remark.
1) if I don't approve the T&C, do I get my money back?
2) I fly a lot with other apps like Autopilot and Maps Made Easy which don't need DJI GO 4..... Need to test that....
Your question along with some other legit questions DJI is not answering too -- Why , I really don't know maybe it's just a show of how much respect they have for there loyal customers ????

I agree it can be -- but why ignore the Mavic owners and there questions , people are asking respectable questions with out anger or argument -- when you get an update do you read what that update is for ? if you do you see it explained
I agree with you about the too much speculation and zero actual information, but who is to blame for that ?

Some people say that DJI is following the way Apples big business is run if that's the case I wonder how long it will be before they
relies how many people stopped using Apple and switched to Android because of what they call business tactics, to me I call it Shady
Shady business tactics ex, unable to downgrade , claim to be able to run developer apps when in developer mode which is not true
you set the app to Trust in your settings only to be removed from you system by them because they have a app similar to the app you
already installed and working on , the only major difference between the 2 apps are the one your working on you don't have to pay for
while there app you have too, Oh also B4 I forget you will receive an email stating if you continue to install the same app your account will
be discontinued ---- anything Sounds familiar here ? after this outrageous experience I switched to Android what I was doing is Legal I don't need to be under Apples control to tell me what I can and cant do

I will always prefer Apple to Android - yes, it is a closed environment but that makes the device that much more trustworthy of the data I entrust to it. Also, DJI writes software to iOS and knows that there is one version (with revisions) of that O/S and that's all. No "bloatware" or carrier crap on an iOS device - which is another reason I would not consider an Android platform.

YMMV

I will always prefer Apple to Android - yes, it is a closed environment but that makes the device that much more trustworthy of the data I entrust to it. Also, DJI writes software to iOS and knows that there is one version (with revisions) of that O/S and that's all. No "bloatware" or carrier crap on an iOS device - which is another reason I would not consider an Android platform.

YMMV
I understand your point , it is your choice to pick I don't dislike you for it -- it's your opinion it's what you want now you know as well as I
we give up Freedom for safety -- I on the other hand want to be in control of my own safety without giving up my freedom of choice I don't feel that I am doing anything wrong by doing so

YMMV
Nikon 1 , DJI also known there is a version of Android that runs there GO4 app with no crashes -- Why do they not tell there users ??

Do we own the Mavic or are we just "allowed" to use it? What's next? Yearly lease?

Exactly my point and concern. It was in another thread so I'll just paste it here.

I got the email as well but haven't yet read it thoroughly. The first thing that comes to mind though is, don't we have some rights considering we purchased this item? I own my mavic, I did not lease it, I do not rent it. I am not obligated to return it when I am done with it. I own this item outright. Before I bought it, it was advertised to do X. If the company forces me to update my product and puts restrictions on it after the fact which changes the capabilities for the worse, effectively changing it's suitability for my needs, shouldn't that be a legal matter? What's the precedent here? Something is vaguely stuck in my head about court cases involving people who have purchased books and then want to resell them vs copyright holders that demanded either the items couldn't be resold or if they were they were due the proceeds. I don't recall that working out too well for them. Isn't this along the same lines?

YMMV
Sorry for all the posts --- also wanted you to know that DJI's crystal sky monitor is run on an Android Platform -- I'm not trying to be a wise guy , I kid you not , you can lookup the specs. and see for yourself -- They DJI just disabled it from installing any other apps

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack_0851