DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Update Failed / Not connecting / Yellow Flashing Lights

BravoNacho

Reactions
Just thought I'd ask before contacting DJI support.

My update to the latest firmware failed. Several times actually.

The first time I tried updating the Mavic was through the DJI go 4 app connected to my SG6 (it failed).
Second time was on my mac with the Assistant 2 app (failed again).

Now it won't even connect to the remote (which updated fine btw) and isn't even discovered by the Assistant 2 app.
I get the start up tone, and gimbal test movement but then it just starts flashing yellow lights. Anyone have any suggestions?
Is there a way to force a reboot to default or something like that?

Happened to me too... contacted support and three weeks later it was fixed.

I have the same issue. RC updated fine but Mavic keeps getting stuck at 57% and eventually rebooting just to stay at 57%. I did a factory reset. Same issue. Tried with the controller and phone. Fails. Grrrr Going back to last firmware until this is resolved. Upgraded firmware twice before and never had an issue.

My update to the latest firmware failed. Several times actually.

The first time I tried updating the Mavic was through the DJI go 4 app connected to my SG6 (it failed).
Second time was on my mac with the Assistant 2 app (failed again).

Now it won't even connect to the remote (which updated fine btw) and isn't even discovered by the Assistant 2 app.
I get the start up tone, and gimbal test movement but then it just starts flashing yellow lights. Anyone have any suggestions?
Is there a way to force a reboot to default or something like that?

I understand from your message that the Remote updated fine but the Mavic update failed .
In that case the firmware of the remote and the firmware of the Mavic are different .
In my opinion the FW of the RC and the FW of the Mavic must be the same in order to connect.

In desperation after numerous fails on various devices I pulled out an old slow desktop computer. Loaded it with DJI Assistant and... knock my socks off.. it ran through to 99%. I turned it off and started again only to be told that the firmware updated. Go figure. 3 days it didn't work and then it did.
But... I now have a right front sensor error and think it's dead. In for repairs I'm sure.

OK, I FINALLY got the update completed. Here is what I suggest. Format your SD Card, mine would show an error when plugged into Windows 10. Once I formatted it the update completed. I did get hung a couple of times, but you CAN restart the Mavic and it continues the firmware update where it left off. This is important. If you hang for a long time, you can restart it. Once I was up to date I did a refresh because I was concerned about all the stops and restarts and it finally went right through without a problem! Hope this helps!

Reactions: Sjez
OK, I FINALLY got the update completed. Here is what I suggest. Format your SD Card, mine would show an error when plugged into Windows 10. Once I formatted it the update completed. I did get hung a couple of times, but you CAN restart the Mavic and it continues the firmware update where it left off. This is important. If you hang for a long time, you can restart it. Once I was up to date I did a refresh because I was concerned about all the stops and restarts and it finally went right through without a problem! Hope this helps!
You are quite right. A message on the screen even prompts you to turn off if there is no activity after 5 min. For those out there who are having update issues.. it will work... mine did after 3 days. Thanks. Good advice.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S