DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Updated Camera Color Profiles | Final Color Straight from Camera

Hey Frederick
Thanks for the vid. I was making a similar one but here (in Africa) to much green (trees) and red (laterite) so missing a nice blue (very clouded here now.
Anyway... where I like to use the LUT's from Color Finale and LUTx, I slowly go back to base settings from my Mavics and do just some saturation adjustments.
Most of the GS LUTs are just too artificial and fake.
And basically, your short video confirms that (seeing all settings one after the other)

Interesting...

Attachments

• Test.jpg
    Test.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 50
Thanks for that - very informative. I'm glad you mentioned that you used the DJI ND 8 filters in those shots.

Can I ask what you had your white balance set to for these shots? I noticed it looked like a mostly-sunny day, so did you have it set to Sunny or Custom?

Also, what was your ISO and frame rate and resolution, 4K?

Just to trying to get a firm grasp on how all these settings work together and I don't really want to go the post-production route since I'm just filming for fun.

Thanks again.

Hey Frederick
Thanks for the vid. I was making a similar one but here (in Africa) to much green (trees) and red (laterite) so missing a nice blue (very clouded here now.
Anyway... where I like to use the LUT's from Color Finale and LUTx, I slowly go back to base settings from my Mavics and do just some saturation adjustments.
Most of the GS LUTs are just too artificial and fake.
And basically, your short video confirms that (seeing all settings one after the other)

Interesting...

That is interesting. LUTs can sometimes get you close but I prefer to start the color grade from scratch on each shot.

Reactions: Oyibo VFX
Thanks for that - very informative. I'm glad you mentioned that you used the DJI ND 8 filters in those shots.

Can I ask what you had your white balance set to for these shots? I noticed it looked like a mostly-sunny day, so did you have it set to Sunny or Custom?

Also, what was your ISO and frame rate and resolution, 4K?

Just to trying to get a firm grasp on how all these settings work together and I don't really want to go the post-production route since I'm just filming for fun.

Thanks again.

If memory serves it was a manual WB set at 5600K. ISO 200, 4K @ 24fps and a shutter speed of 50.

Check this video out if you have a moment. This applies to ANY video camera... not just the P4Pro. This explains a few basic rules to follow and the real reason an ND is critical for aerial video...

Hope this is helpful.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bob Benton
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gottawonder