DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Upgrade latest Firmware or Not

CaptMatt

Reactions
Im Heading Overseas next week with my Mavic and not sure whether it is worth downloading latest firmware before I leave or just wait till I get back...I have been flying it for weeks without a single issue. I don't want to upgrade firmware and then have issues while overseas...Im inly going for 12 days....any thoughts?

I always upgrade with the latest firmware, not a single issue so far. Not even one!!!

Reactions: CaptMatt
If your happy with the current firmware your on best to stay on that.
I second that.

Why upgrade if we don't have any problem with .700? Even though many people reported they have no problem with .800, some (may be many) reported that they do get problems. So if we are happy with .700, why bother? Well, if you have the Goggles you may want to upgrade, otherwise what for?

If you are happy with your craft as is, just before a vacation, why stir the pot? You can always upgrade "on the fly", at your vacation destination if you want to, but I would leave it as it is, working well for you, and stable. I would hate to have to be figuring out the new stuff, resetting all of the settings you worked hard on, while trying to enjoy your vacation. It would be like semi-relearning the whole thing. Talk about stress.......

I always upgrade with the latest firmware, not a single issue so far. Not even one!!!

Same here, no issues what so ever, it is stable, flies exactly how it should and works perfectly.

but as the poster said above me, its not about functionality or anything like that, your going away for 12 days and your taking it with you. If anything happens during the firmware update or something is discovered, your with out your mavic.

I am not saying not to upgrade.

Fly it is as it is now... then upgrade when you get back. Simple.

I wouldn't upgrade if you travel outside of internet connection range on your decices

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61