DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Urgent stop mode explained!!???, Always and breakdown

island30322

Reactions
Hi there so I'm waiting for my mavic right now, and I saw a video about urgent stop mode, but he didn't quite explain what (breakdown) means, iknow I want to keep it in that mode instead of (Always), does breakdown mean if I accidentally pressed the controllers inwards during flight it won't crash to the ground??

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Hi there so I'm waiting for my mavic right now, and I saw a video about urgent stop mode, but he didn't quite explain what (breakdown) means, iknow I want to keep it in that mode instead of (Always), does breakdown mean if I accidentally pressed the controllers inwards during flight it won't crash to the ground??

Breakdown means it will only let you stop the motors with the stick moved bottom and inward (CSC command) when the Mavic has detected and issue with the motors (like one failed). Always means you will be able to accidentally shut it down even if the motors are fine.

Okay thank you, what does CSC command mean btw? And so basically **** ever putting it in always hahaha

Agreed, you do not want to accidentally do that so only turn that on if you are used to it and are in a situation where you may have to stop it quickly. I think prop guards like those sold on freewellgear.com are best for those situations though.

CSC = Combination Stick Command
Combination Stick Command - DJI Wiki

It takes a few seconds to shut off the motors, so it's nearly impossible to do it on accident. It's a good option to keep activated just in case...

Okay thanks man, I like the combination start instead of the swipe to start skrew that aha, my bro has it and he didn't even know about this setting, luckily it comes in breakdown mode and not always, tbh I will never put it into always

Odds are by the time you know your going to crash and your reaction time to kill motor.. your bird is already cratered into the ground. Let alone allowbthe 3 seconds of holding the sticks to kill the motor.

Better scenario is a fly away. Kill it before it takes a family vacation on its own to crash who knows where. I would rather turn radio off and hope for a rth trigger.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using MavicPilots mobile app

Reactions: deltalimatango
I looked for the CSC setting in the Android GO 4 version and did not find it anymore. Is it only within GO 3?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000