DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

US Voids Registration, China Adopts Registration

Maxheadspace

Reactions
Kind of ironic, but not long after US courts voided the FAA's drone registration law, China adopts drone registration. I just saw in the news that starting next Thursday drone owners in China will have to register their drones in true name. I'm confident, though, that we'll see some form of drone registration again here in the US sometime in the future.

The sad thing is that while it is supposed to be for the sake of safety etc.... those having malicius intentions will never register anywhere....

Reactions: Maxheadspace
I wonder if that had anything to do with the recent firmware thing that everyone was talking about. Further more, I wonder what percentage of sales/ drones DJI sells in China. It must be pretty large because there app has references to settings that are exclusive to mainland China.

Well I dont know what DJI sells in china but I agree that the numbers must be enormous...

Hey! Flying in China here! I was the 26,000isth registered for personal\hobbyist. I agree that people who doesn't care about safety have drones made in a lower and cheap quality and will probably don't care about the registration. Hopefully government will have better laws and ways catching these guys. 1 thing for sure, most of the DJI Owners here fly with caution and definitely are the ones who registered first.

Reactions: Maxheadspace
I never resisted registering my drone in the USA. Personally I think beyond the fact it might help get a lost drone back to you it adds a certain dignity and credibility to the aircraft.

Reactions: Imagepix2
The same way a license plate adds dignity to a 2001 dodge neon with 20 inch dubs, different color doors, and a top fuel dragster wing mounted on the trunk lid.

I for one am all for registration. Maybe the drone manufacturer get involved with the program. I.E. once I register I get a code that will unlock the full use of my drone.
If not I can only fly with restrictions embedded into the app.
I think then you will get less idiots also buying them up and causing trouble for the rest of us. Again I have nothing to hide no shame in have my info out to the government.. anyone do there taxes this year? Well they already have alll of our info and in today's world everyone has a camera handy. So nothing to hide.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929