DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

USB-C + bottom USB port = not connecting?

davidws

Reactions
Hi all,

I have a Nexus 6P (usb-C) and have installed Litchi as was keen to give VR a shot.
I obviously need a longer cable to use the cardboard thing, so I plugged my usb>USB-C cable in the bottom port and noticed that when I do so I do not get the "what app do you want to use?" dialogue and obviously both Litchi and DJI-Go fail to connect.
Turned off usb-debugging, plugged/replugged, restarted, cleared all defaults and still no go..
Using a usb>micro-usb from the bottom port with my tablet works absolutely fine.

Has anyone else noticed issues with USB-C feed from bottom port? Should I just try to use a different cable?
The one I have has never given me any issues insofar as connecting to laptop etc goes.

Hi all,

I have a Nexus 6P (usb-C) and have installed Litchi as was keen to give VR a shot.
I obviously need a longer cable to use the cardboard thing, so I plugged my usb>USB-C cable in the bottom port and noticed that when I do so I do not get the "what app do you want to use?" dialogue and obviously both Litchi and DJI-Go fail to connect.
Turned off usb-debugging, plugged/replugged, restarted, cleared all defaults and still no go..
Using a usb>micro-usb from the bottom port with my tablet works absolutely fine.

Has anyone else noticed issues with USB-C feed from bottom port? Should I just try to use a different cable?
The one I have has never given me any issues insofar as connecting to laptop etc goes.
I would guess that the ports are simply not the same. That USB-A port is for service and stuff only, and it is not the same as the port on the side of the remote...

s.

I would guess that the ports are simply not the same. That USB-A port is for service and stuff only, and it is not the same as the port on the side of the remote...

s.

But it works fine when used with a micro-usb cable, and both DJI-Go and Litchi connect with no issue. Seems to me like the same port somehow does not support usb-c altogether but I cant see why

You MUST unplug the short cable at the left side of the remote to make the rear USB port work. That has been introduced with a recent update.

Yes the LH-cable is unplugged. It's as if the RC doesn't see the device when using a type-c cable, it does however charge my phone :/

I noticed that the factory micro USB cable on the side has to be removed from the connector to use the bottom USB port. Even if it's not plugged into anything. I was trying to use my iPad Mini using the bottom USB and it could not connect. I finally realized that even having the micro USB cable plugged in the side (not connected to anything) blocks the connection using the bottom USB.

Have you dragged down the notification bar where you might need to enable USB for file transfer first?

Yes the microusb cable on the left hand side of the controller is unplugged. The bottom port works fine when i plug my tablet in, it's just with a type-C cable that I have this problem where it doesn't see the controller

Is your USB-C cable maybe a charge-only cable? Have you tried another one? Does it work connected to a PC?

I have the Pixel XL and after I realized I needed to unplug the short mircro USB Cable first I had no issues connecting via the bottom USB to type C and using Lichi with VR goggles.

Just got my Combo from a German DJI distributor this morning and tried with my Sony Xperia XZ, connected to the rear USB port by using the USB to USB-C cable supplied with my mobile. No problems.

Had the same issue. Sent the remote back for repair. The port simply did not work at some point. They received my remote on 12/1, diagnosed and serviced it under warranty within 2 days. Waiting for shipment.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

So in my case it turned out to be something to do with the cable I was using, even though the same cable always worked fine to connect my Nexus to my laptop etc.
Anyway I got a new usb-C and it all works fine, stereo view in Litchi is friggin awesome!!!

Reactions: Gringorio
You MUST unplug the short cable at the left side of the remote to make the rear USB port work. That has been introduced with a recent update.

I had the same issue - thank you for the simple fix!

Reactions: m0j0
I just got my new Mavic only to find this issue and your response is 100% correct! - I joined the forum mostly just to say THANK YOU!!! I love a simple fix!

ahhhhhh... have to unplug the cable on the side.. i soooooo hope that is the problem.

This solved my problem. Had to open account just to say thanks! Excited to take my Mavic out with the Moverio BT300, if only it came with a mount for the Mavic.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242