DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

USB Data vs Power

Snow Bird 1

Reactions
Hi All; Almost afraid to ask this - even after reading manuals (for the 10th or more time!) and MANY posts here.....

Can someone please clarify purpose(s) of both the mini USB on the side of the RC and the Standard USB on the bottom of the RC can do vs what they are "designed" to do. i.e charging, data stream, video etc??? Appears to me that they both function the same way? I can use either to run my MP via the Go 4 app - am I missing something??

Reactions: feno_thedon
The USB on the side is the connection that you use with a phone. Also for charging the RC. The USB on the bottom of the RC is when you use a tablet. When using this connection you have to remove the mini USB on the side.

Adventure is just bad planning

The USB on the side is the connection that you use with a phone. Also for charging the RC. The USB on the bottom of the RC is when you use a tablet. When using this connection you have to remove the mini USB on the side.

So in terms of operation, they are identical in terms of the app use?

They should be. With some devices, people find the bottom port to be more stable, less problems with disconnects to the phone/tablet, or less app crashing.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

They basically do the same thing. I have issues with an App (Autopilot, see other threads) and not with the RC, phone, tablet or connection. MP flies fine

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom