DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

USB Driver Will Not Install on Windows 10

Thanks for all the input.

2. I tried rebooting the system using the Shift/Restart method and the disabling 'signed' driver requirement. This allowed me to re-install Assisstant 2 v1.05. With this I was able calibrate the vision senors and firmware, but did not allow me to access the SD card. When I reboot the system you lose the functionality of firmware updates and vision calibration. To regain it you have to uninstall Assistant 2, reboot the computer with the Shift/Restart, etc. proceed and re-install Assistant 2.

You don't need to reinstall Assistant after a reboot. What you DO need to do (if you wish to use Assistant after that reboot) is to again go through the special restart where you disable Driver Signature enforcement. If you do this, then Assistant 2 runs just like before. No need to uninstall/reinstall.

There seem to be some misconceptions about the Windows 10 problem:

1) I believe this problem only affects 64-bit versions of Windows 10 (I could be wrong, but I have no way to test a 32-bit version of the OS.)

2) With this latest version of Assistant, you won't be able to mount the Mavic itself as an SD Card (not the Video SD card, I'm talking about the storage within the Mavic itself.) The only way to retrieve the .DAT files from the Mavic is to extract them with DJI Assistant. I also have been told the Mavic itself has never shown as a Drive on the computer- only the Phantoms have done that.

3) I could care less about the ability to transfer the videos from the SD card to the computer via a USB cable. It's WAY to slow as this interface is not USB 3.0 compliant. I much prefer to remove the SD card and insert it into a USB 3.0 Card Reader. Either way, I've NEVER been able to see the SD Card as a Drive on my Windows 10 computer when it is plugged into the Mavic. And again, that doesn't bother me.

I've posted a guide a few posts above on how to get everything to work again including SD card access (both media and log) on assistant 1.1.0.

Just received my MAVIC few days ago, I got exactly the same problem as kyoung raised

I just do some testing again
(1) on Windows 7-32bit
- The MAVIC SD card can be accessed from windows 7 file manager
- Assistant 2 still can NOT calibrate with warning message: please reboot aircraft, same as on windows 10

(2) on Windows 10-64bit
- uses Shift/Restart method and the disabling 'signed' driver requirement. It was able to calibrate the vision senors
- but can NOT allow to access the SD card which works on windows 7 as mentioned above

Myself I am new to the mavic pro. I have a problem with DJI assistant 2 recognizing the mavic. I found the problem was Windows was not accepting the drivers.

I suggest Googling disable driver signature for Windows and that will walk you through the steps needed. Then after the pc reboots, reinstall DJI assistant 2.

Windows will ask you do you want to accept these unsigned drivers. Acknowledge yes. Once installed and you shut the pc down and restart, windows will revert to not accepting unsigned drivers.

Hope this helps.

Myself I am new to the mavic pro. I have a problem with DJI assistant 2 recognizing the mavic. I found the problem was Windows was not accepting the drivers.

I suggest Googling disable driver signature for Windows and that will walk you through the steps needed. Then after the pc reboots, reinstall DJI assistant 2.

Windows will ask you do you want to accept these unsigned drivers. Acknowledge yes. Once installed and you shut the pc down and restart, windows will revert to not accepting unsigned drivers.

Hope this helps.
Thank you, already did in my scenario list (2).
Encourage dji to release the "signed" driver

Reactions: cyclopic
You know the Mavic caches your videos and photos to your phone/tablet, right? Based on your settings for cache size, you will be able to view the recent photos/videos without needing to connect the Mavic.
Then when you get home and have the adapter you can just plug the micro SD card in to your computer.
Seems like you're getting frustrated trying to do something that isn't necessary for what you stated you were looking to do.

Last edited:
You know the Mavic caches your videos and photos to your phone/tablet, right? Based on your settings for cache size, you will be able to view the recent photos/videos without needing to connect the Mavic.
Then when you get home and have the adapter you can just plug the micro SD card in to your computer.
Seems like you're getting frustrated trying to do something that isn't necessary for what you stated you were looking to do.
Agree, uses SD card reader to copy the files, it is the way I do so, much easier and faster. I raised the question just curious the dji software quality of this not-so-cheap mavic pro.

Thanks a lot!

Again there is no need to disable signed drivers. Drivers are signed on current releases.

I don't see any update on the DJI Site. I still have 1.1.0 from March 2nd. That is what I installed, and the drivers are not signed.

How do you determine that? I have never needed to install unsigned drivers either when installing Assistant nor afterwards, and the connection works fine.

Average Dad,

Thanks for your video. I had tried this approach already, but it only worked the first time. I would lose the functionality each time I re-booted the computer and would have to go through all your steps again to get it working.
You should not have to do the calibration that much. But hey if it helps you and it works then all that I wanted to do is done. Please share

A word on the driver issue:

The drivers are signed, but Windows Insider versions do not acknowledge the signature. Don't know why, perhaps it's the signing authority.

On the SD card access issue: just replace the COM port drivers installed by DJI with the default Microsoft COM port and the SD card will show up as a drive. Don't know if it affects DJI assistant, but I guess not.

Used the method posted by Kilrah. Worked perfectly. I'm on vacation, brought my SP3 with no slot for the adapter so I needed to acces via USB. I didn't try repplacing DJI drivers with Microsoft drivers or allowing installation of unsigned drivers.

Thanksf for the suggestions. I have tried your suggestions and a few more, but still am having problems. The closest I've come is hacking the registry files to allow unsigned drivers to install. However, this only works until you re-boot your computer and I still can't download the photos on the registry files. At least I can download the log files and re-calibrate the vision sensors. If I reboot the computer I then have to again hack the registry files and re-install the Assistant 2 program.

I contacted DJI and hopefully they will have a permanent solution.

If they do I'll post it.

Please do post if you find an answer, I'm in the same boat. I've tried 3 different Windows 10 computers with the same results. Internal storage doesnt show up on any of the. Tried a Macbook Pro and it showed up right after plugging it in.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme