DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Used DJI products on Ebay

triafgg

Reactions
Had the Mavic for a while now and really impressed. It really is a fantastic piece of engineering and being so different from the Phantom range has to be classed as a first generation product and who gets it right first time, certainly not Apple, gen 7 now and still rubbish.

Anyway, I thought I would get a second hand Phantom 3 or 4 just for a bit of diversity but couldn't believe what people are paying. Why would you pay 90% or more of new price for one that you don't know the history and no guarantee, even if the listing says 'careful owner, hardly used' or such crap.

Like this with no extras. I can understand maybe if lots of extra batteries, case etc.

DJI Phantom 4 Quadcopter Drone 4K Camera Gimbal | eBay

It baffles me.

So in six months time I could sell this and buy a new one for just a small loss and have a new guarantee.

Might work for some people but why is it that if I want something on Ebay someone else always pushes the bid to more than I am prepared to pay but if I sell something only one person is interested and gets it for £1, hate Ebay, grrr....

Reactions: Sunny
That's not uncommon for quality gear. I have bought and sold photographic gear on Ebay for some time and the good stuff always goes for 85-90% of new.

I sell a lot of stuff on eBay most Harley parts and some drone related items. Prior to listing the item for auction I search to to see what similar items are selling for and then list my item accordingly. Here in the States we also have Craigslist where we can source various used items.

SImple theory of supply and demand. If you have something that someone wants, and they are willing to pay for it, no harm in that.

I will say that selling on eBay is a pain, thats why some people price their items higher than street price. It especially applies if you are selling just 1 of something. It normally takes me almost 2 hours to sell a unique item, then I have eBay/Paypal fees, then get it shipped, most times need to take it to the post office.

So, if prices seem high for used ones on eBay, the sellers know what they are getting themselves in to and are still netting less than they would on CL or MP, or PP.

Yes I understand that if something is hard to get hold of then there is a premium to pay but Phantom 4s aren't in short supply. I would rather pay the extra £75 and get a new one, with full guarantee.

Mind you there are so many idiots on Ebay. I recently sold an American style fridge stating pickup only due to size. I had 10+ questions asking if I could post it.....unbelievable.

Yes I understand that if something is hard to get hold of then there is a premium to pay but Phantom 4s aren't in short supply. I would rather pay the extra £75 and get a new one, with full guarantee.

Mind you there are so many idiots on Ebay. I recently sold an American style fridge stating pickup only due to size. I had 10+ questions asking if I could post it.....unbelievable.
I got that beat, see the message below that I received from a bidder:

patrick030977:

My son bidded on this I winded up going to jail it would be helpful if you can retract this bid

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929