DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Used my Mavic to Locate a downed drone in under 2 minutes :) :Video:

RallySoob

Reactions
We had a Syma X8 go down (again) this time about 3,500ft from the controller so I immediately grabbed my Mavic Pro and put it up in the area the Syma x8 was last seen.

Here is that video...

5e0e1f206953940697fc5b64e1021279.jpg
55145e0349d6c9fe0ed833b3725577b9.jpg

Reactions: mlaczek
I have a trackimo but im not going to put a 100$ tracker on a 50$ drone u know. Its hard enough attaching those 2 blinking stand alone led lights to it that cost 30$ each.

I had located one in day time the other day... a black phantom size drone (syma x8w) with two red front props... and it took me a lil longer cuz it was snug against the fence in a debri littered back yard but still i found it. Love the Mavic Pro ...

76b9e0cca64d0cd76f3b3d551d3727ea.jpg
caf5a96378d439adc847b72928f20a0b.jpg
0caacd0ba58d83cad91590a102563257.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Cyberpower678
Fyi if u ever find urself doing something similar, a good tip is to make sure you cover the search area with your camera pointed straight down as seen in the pics... camera angle can hide lots of search areas so eliminate it when possible

Fortunately it was night time. Great job. I would get a trackimo.

hi Cyberpower678,

witch type of trackimo is the best choice for mavic? i thinking i have to buy one, but i don't know what type is a smallest, and best way for my "mantis". can you help me?

hi Cyberpower678,

witch type of trackimo is the best choice for mavic? i thinking i have to buy one, but i don't know what type is a smallest, and best way for my "mantis". can you help me?

Hey bro check out my thread on the trackimo it covers all the info on them but to be short there is only one version u can buy...its 100$ up front and comes with first year of service free then after that its 5$ a month. It uses cell service so its great in town but no good out in the secluded areas outside of coverage areas....in those cases u need a marco polo tracker system as its a great alternative when there is no cell service in ur area

0aa5a07caa01a487fca38dffe38b4e8a.jpg

I mount mine on the left side rib cage area and never fly without it

Hey bro check out my thread on the trackimo it covers all the info on them but to be short there is only one version u can buy...its 100$ up front and comes with first year of service free then after that its 5$ a month. It uses cell service so its great in town but no good out in the secluded areas outside of coverage areas....in those cases u need a marco polo tracker system as its a great alternative when there is no cell service in ur area

0aa5a07caa01a487fca38dffe38b4e8a.jpg

I mount mine on the left side rib cage area and never fly without it

thank's! i will check it!

(what is that under your mavic? the red thing. (not the "remove before flight" flag :))

You'll get whinged at for doing it with a mavic but did you seriously fly a $50 drone over a highway........? :eek: WTF!
ha ha yea que the drone poiice, but well done for the find, i could barely see it, but my eyesight is not what it was lol

It amazes me the lack if common sense people have. As if i intentionally flew it over a freeway when the wind carried it off from a 0 distance altitude climb...

I wish common sense was req to post

Took you a while to cunjour up that one lol. Er, yeah ok bud whatever you say. I'm sure you could have landed it as soon as the wind got hold? Or even more common sense while you are on about it... just don't take a drone out in a hurricane perhaps..?

I'm more curious as to what the home owners have to say when you go to retrieve the lost drones . Also what story do you give them ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest