DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Used to love my 3DR Solo...

djohnston

Reactions
Wow. Just. Wow.
As mentioned above, I was a 3DR Solo fanatic, but anyone familiar with that company knows that drone didn't survive the market pressures and is going away. Many of us Solo fans snapped up the heavily discounted drones and accessories as prices went lower and lower. We didn't mind the extra amount of "tinkering" required of a 3DR Solo because we had faith in the product.
But now I have a DJI Mavic Pro. My first DJI product in fact, I always thought the Phantom line was fairly ugly. But not the Mavic! Sexy lines and oh how flexible she is! ;)

No more worrying about limited range. No more worrying about interference from other WiFi signals (the 3DR Solo uses WiFi, not radio waves to control it). No more worries about packing up a huge drone to travel. No more worrying about flying into something (while going forward).

The Mavic is SO superior in so many ways, it's WELL worth the money and much more.

Alright. Enough gushing. I love my Mavic Pro.

Reactions: normr
Welcome aboard. Yes, the Mavic is fantastic. I have had one since November and it has completely marginalized my other birds.

Do you recommend I purchase this 3dr Solo for my 9 year old son as a starter drone? I don't mind spending the 300 bux on a good starter for him.
I love my Mavic...

Do you recommend I purchase this 3dr Solo for my 9 year old son as a starter drone? I don't mind spending the 300 bux on a good starter for him.
I love my Mavic...

I would buy him something other than a solo. That's a wifi bird. If you have to go Wifi buy him a P3 standard. You could even wait a few days and buy him a spark.. but ordinarily I would refrain from buying gear from a defunct company.

I love my Mavic...

Why not start him with a Mavic . With all the advanced technology it's a perfect choice. Besides I am sure your nine year old is well versed in the use of a cell phone or tablet .

Well to be honest the Mavic I have was originally purchased for him. However his main interest was the VR Goggles that came with the package. Hahaha.
So I started flying the Mavic and loved it. I decided that I'll get him one that's cheaper and we can just go to the park together and fly. If he eventually like the flying I'll buy another Mavic but for now I'll get him something a little less expensive to peak his interest.
But recommendation would be nice. I'll check out the Spark.

I'm the same way. Always had wanted a drone, saw the super cheap price the Solo's were going for and snatched one up. Did the GPS mod and several other ones to get it up to par with current drones. Finally upgraded to a Mavic just last week and it is by far tons better than the Solo. I will never look back.

Reactions: lramdial
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929