DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Using glue to repair broken plastic on rear shoulder guard

Reactions
Hi Guys

I couldn't see another thread on my Mavic's particular damage. Basically, i had a minor crash after a gust of wind took my Mavic just slightly into the edge of some trees about 8ft u high. the drone caught some branches and fell but landed on its back thankfully but i noticed that the right rear arm had a stress crack on (not sure what its called image attached) shoulder guard flap thing.

as it is now weak and it does lift up slightly i'm concerned the right leg will not hold in position during flight and may cause it to snap off altogether.

THE FIX?

Is using glue an easy fix or does someone have a better fix for it?

I appreciate any help!

Attachments

• IMG_1771.JPG
    IMG_1771.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 194
You can forget about using glue. It won't hold. I've tried it myself. I've used the strongest glue possible for gluing plastic. It will fail eventually. The part will need replacing but it doesn't need to be immediately replaced.

Reactions: dajohn17
You can forget about using glue. It won't hold. I've tried it myself. I've used the strongest glue possible for gluing plastic. It will fail eventually. The part will need replacing but it doesn't need to be immediately replaced.
Thanks for your reply.

why do you say it won't need to be 'immediately' replaced?

Thanks for your reply.

why do you say it won't need to be 'immediately' replaced?
My left rear plate had that damage and I was still able to fly it. At some point it completely broke off. The glue didn't hold it very well, but the drone is still flyable. The arm has an internal notch that keeps it from going up too far, but it will need replacing because if you keep flying with that damage, the motor arm will get weaker. Avoid sport mode.

My left rear plate had that damage and I was still able to fly it. At some point it completely broke off. The glue didn't hold it very well, but the drone is still flyable. The arm has an internal notch that keeps it from going up too far, but it will need replacing because if you keep flying with that damage, the motor arm will get weaker. Avoid sport mode.
thanks again. What a shame.

Do you have any advice on where to get replacement? i want to avoid sending it to DJI for repair when i'm in the UK

thanks again. What a shame.

Do you have any advice on where to get replacement? i want to avoid sending it to DJI for repair when i'm in the UK
So here's the problem, that part usually comes with the entire motor arm and motor, however, @Thunder-drones can possibly sell you the part without the arm and motor. You would get a new support plate that also comes a new motor arm joint. So your old motor arm folding joint would also be replaced. The question is, do you know how to use a soldering iron?

I personally replaced the part myself.

So here's the problem, that part usually comes with the entire motor arm and motor, however, @Thunder-drones can possibly sell you the part without the arm and motor. You would get a new support plate that also comes a new motor arm joint. So your old motor arm folding joint would also be replaced. The question is, do you know how to use a soldering iron?

I personally replaced the part myself.

Thanks CP, yes its important that installation requires soldering and removal of a bunch of screws. I sell the part separately. The one below is a picture of the left rear but I would sell you a right rear.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

Reactions: Former Member
Sure. If youre in the USA, the part would be $25 shipped. My Paypal is [email protected] and if you decide to order it, please include the comment in Paypal "RIGHT REAR ARM SADDLE JOINT" and your name and address information.

Thank you will do it now. I personally don't use a soldering iron but i have a good friend who does. is it pretty straight forward to replace?

Yes, its the easiest repair you can do on a Mavic. Heres a video on body removal. The rest is taking out a 1.5mm hex screw on the arm, then 2 phillips screws in the saddle, then popping the arm out of the joint. Desolder 3 solder joints at iron temp of at least 750°

Yes, its the easiest repair you can do on a Mavic. Heres a video on body removal. The rest is taking out a 1.5mm hex screw on the arm, then 2 phillips screws in the saddle, then popping the arm out of the joint. Desolder 3 solder joints at iron temp of at least 750°

Actually the easiest is replacing an outer body part. :p

Last edited:

thanks for that. I have just ordered from you thank you for your help.

@Thunderdrones Can you confirm price including shipping to Ireland for the same part? Attached photo. Can you confirm which side this is also? Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_7652.JPG
    IMG_7652.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 45

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots