DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Using iPad 2 mini

Billyboy72

Reactions
I was wondering if I would be able to use my ipad2 mini instead of worrying about killing my iPhone and the chances of missing a call or having the call interrupt the flight. It's a standard iPad mini without cellular connections on it. Not to sound dumb but I'm very new to drones as I've not yet received my mavic its still being shipped and I'm pretty new to apple though I love them all. I am able to answer a phone call with the iPad or my iMac for that matter but I think its all because my phone is near. Again I know that all sounds dumb but the truth is tech passed me by some years ago.

Mini 2 should work with no issues but why not turn off or disconnect from your icloud on the ipad before you fly. If you're connected and your phone rings your ipad will ring too so in that case you might as well just use your iphone.

Mini 2 should work with no issues but why not turn off or disconnect from your icloud on the ipad before you fly. If you're connected and your phone rings your ipad will ring too so in that case you might as well just use your iphone.
oh really? Ok wait how do I do that? I thought it would only happen in my house which makes absolutely no sense now that I'm saying it

oh really? Ok wait how do I do that? I thought it would only happen in my house which makes absolutely no sense now that I'm saying it
Thank you everyone for answering me I thought I wouldn't really get a reply. Now I just have to sit and wait for the Mavic to arrive. And wait and wait lol

I also use an iPad mini. Works great. The only warning I would give you is the screen does not work well in bright sunlight. You will likely want some kind of sunscreen. While you are waiting for your Mavic take the mini out on a bright day and you see what I am talking about. There are several sunscreens available online.

Sorry for the delay, I'm not logged in every day.

I know how it's supposed to work but here's what I'm telling you from experience. If you have both bluetooth and wireless turned on, on both / all devices you may get notifications and calls on every device. I have a couple of MacBook Pros, a few iPads, and a MacMini and at first I thought it was a cool feature until you find old notifications, missed calls, text messages and a forever facetime ringing (until I physically stop it) MacMini with old notifications on the screen(s), notifications that I know were sent to my iPhone while I was away from the house.

What I do know is that if my MacBooks are locked the notifications will pop up once I log into them but that's not the same for my MacMini and iPads. If I was worried about something or trying to be sneaky with something I would have been caught long ago because the notifications would be on every device.

How to turn it off? There are many ways to turn of forwarded phone calls and messages but the easiest way is to just disconnect a particular device from your icloud account when you're flying. Settings | iCloud | Sign Out. You can sign back in when you're finished flying.

Same here, works fine, nice size screen, no battery drain issues. it's like it was made for the Mavic

Just purchased a mini 2 wifi & cellular on "let go" for $150. I'm an android person, my tab A is to slow I did get it to connect but I do not trust it.

One thing I can add if buying an I pad mini make sure the person unlocks it or is able to swap information about an apple Id. I had to return to persons house after I was unable to get past start screen. She resolved the issue for me. One more thing to add is I tried to sign up for the cloud and it say there are already too many accounts on current device. So looks like I'll be flying in the clouds just not saving?

Just purchased a mini 2 wifi & cellular on "let go" for $150. I'm an android person, my tab A is to slow I did get it to connect but I do not trust it.

One thing I can add if buying an I pad mini make sure the person unlocks it or is able to swap information about an apple Id. I had to return to persons house after I was unable to get past start screen. She resolved the issue for me. One more thing to add is I tried to sign up for the cloud and it say there are already too many accounts on current device. So looks like I'll be flying in the clouds just not saving?

Always check what too. I bought a mini 2 for $120 on LetGo and then found a mini 4 for $150 on eBay

Check that their apple Id is not last logged name? It would not let me create a new apple Id on the device until old Id name was off device. I apologize I do not know much about apple products.

Love the mini 2 though, if my gf would not of killed me for a mini 4 that would of been my choice after reading. But very happy with peformace and ease with mini 2. Also able to use the mini on my traxxas telemetry rc truck. Which I was unable to do with droids

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000