DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Using Litchi - is it safe

Mike_in_Letcombe

Reactions
I know there are a few threads on here about Litchi, but they tend to discuss the app itself and features. I know about this - have used it with my P4 and been very impressed, due to the silky-smooth video I can capture. But...I haven't used it with my Mavic. I'm just not confident enough, as I'm sure I read that it can go horribly wrong if you have DJI GO4 installed as well. So, my question is (aka 'The Marathon Man').....Is it safe? Any issues or advice? Or do I just go for it?

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

I am exactly the same, I used Litchi with a P3 Standard (£400) and sent that on long distance missions without issue. Doing it with a £1200 Mavic is a slightly different story and I get scared of not having a signal.

Reactions: coastie_steve
I've found it to be as safe as the way you use it.

By far, the biggest problem with prepared "autonomous" flights is that the user poorly programs the path and altitude without taking into account the local real-life obstacles that might not appear on the map clearly. Other than that, it's pretty alright. I've had the Mavic go in a 2km mission, take a few pictures of some historic sites around here, and come back safe and sound.

Reactions: Tyler Draper
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada